CPS 4100 Quickfill

General water gun discussion.
Timmitop

Post by Timmitop » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:10 pm

Everyone says that a CPS 4100 is a Monster without SC ability. Well, I was messing around with my 4100 and discovered all you have to do is stick the 8.5x nozzle(I think it fills the quickest) into the QFD and it will charge up the pc and tank in seconds. Water will shoot out of the cap when it is full. The nozzles fit almost perfectly in the QFD so no water squirts out at you. Could this possibly hurt the soaker, or is it safe to use?

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:07 pm

That doesn't make sense, because the check valve behind the PC should not be able to let water past.
Also, you would need to pull the trigger while you fill.
This should work to fill the PC, but not the reservoir. I'm also not sure if the soaker would reach full power.
If you are at a base during a battle, you could do this, then pump the rest of the way just to save time.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:59 pm

You wouldn't have to pull the trigger, it should act like a normal check valve. Thanks for the great tip Timmitop.

It should also fill the reservoir because of the check valve (release valve) you typically remove during check valve freezing. When the PC gets full, it will fill the reservoir.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:24 am

Oh yeah. I was thinking in terms of homeades. I forgot about the release valve. And I was also ignorant about the trigger. Although, it couldnt hurt to pull the trigger. Maybe it would open the valve even further.
BlueSoak.net

Timmitop

Post by Timmitop » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:55 am

I wonder if you can quick fill MX and MXLs this way too. What if you had two qfds, placed them side by side, and stuck both barrels of the mxl into it?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:49 pm

Originally posted by Timmitop@Sep 11 2004, 09:55 PM
I wonder if you can quick fill MX and MXLs this way too. What if you had two qfds, placed them side by side, and stuck both barrels of the mxl into it?
You'd only have to do it on one barrel. Besides, the MXL has the quick fill port. That would make doing it on a nozzle useless.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:31 pm

well, if both QFDs where coming from different water sources, wouldnt it fill up faster?
I still think the idea is a little usless however. That means two hoses used for quick fill, and one person using both at the same time. Its not practical in a battle situation.
BlueSoak.net