Modding Max-D guns. PLEASE HELP!

Threads about water gun modifications.
pieisgood

Modding Max-D guns. PLEASE HELP!

Post by pieisgood » Sun May 21, 2006 8:14 am

Hi everyone,
This is my first thread. I have a Max-D 300. It is meant to go 35 feet. NOT A CHANCE! How can I improve it's range, tank, preassure, or anything else. Please could you help me ASAP

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 21, 2006 2:18 pm

First off, posting a thread twice won't get you answers any faster. It actually will slow down my response as I delete the duplicate thread. Second, the "PLEASE HELP!" part isn't helping either. People will post if they have something to say, and it actually turns me off from posting if someone puts something demanding like that in there.

We list modifications that can be done to each water gun on the corresponding reviews page. Some modifications also are universal and can be done to most if not all water guns.

To prevent future questions like this, I have created a thread: "Which modifications can I do to X water gun?"
Last edited by SSCBen on Sun May 21, 2006 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed a second "second," a humorous error.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 21, 2006 3:34 pm

Welcome to SSC, and if you haven't read the main articles (slightly dated but superior nonetheless) or the rules, do so now. Here is the link to the Tech > Modifications page, and that should keep you going for a while.

The pressure (and thus the range and output) can easily be increased by doing the PR CVF. That's one of the articles on the page I linked to, and it isn't that hard at all. To increase the reservoir capacity, you can add a backpack; check out the backpack mod. The trash bag method is extremely versatile, durable, and cheap; there's basically no alternative, and an on-gun mod is just going to make the gun clumsier.