Forum back, but watch out for problems

Community news posted by the SSC staff.
SSCBen

Forum back, but watch out for problems

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:55 pm

The forum was acting funny a few days ago. I attempted to repair the database yesterday and MySQL (the database software) stopped working. The problem was that we also were running out of space, which prevented the repair from working correctly and also tied up the system with multiple connections due to my attempts to repair the database.

I deleted some old backups and repaired the database. There was some database corruption but it likely was limited to the indexes. There should not be any data loss for that reason, but watch for anything that seems odd. I have backups from a few days ago that could be used to fill in broken spots.

Specter

Re: Forum back, but watch out for problems

Post by Specter » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:14 am

i tried making a post yesterday about the database error, but wasn't able to make a post. nice to see its fixed.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

JuchTurtles

Re: Forum back, but watch out for problems

Post by JuchTurtles » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Ya, it wasn't working at all for me. Good to see that we're back up!
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!