Yu-Gi-OH or Beyblades

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:07 pm

I was just wondering, does anyone here play with Yu-Gi-Oh or Beyblades. ;) BTW why am I member 381 when we have 114 members
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

DX

Post by DX » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:17 pm

It's the order members joined. The current amount of existing members does not affect the number you were. Some members may be deleted or leave with time, but that doesn't change your member number.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:54 pm

That number also includes attempted registrations, those who failed to validate. I believe that we've had over 400 including attempted and deleted. Funny thing is that we've had many many many times more unique visitors browse our site, though I do think that is only expected. Most don't join forums.

Jinnai

Post by Jinnai » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:02 pm

heh...yu-gi-oh for me! I'm still working on fine-tuning my deck (just a few more cards to go)

p.s. I'm BACK! I got the 20,000 posts email and I felt like making a triumphant return
( \/ ) This is Bunny. Put Bunny in your sig
(o.o)to help him on his way to world dominance

<u>My Arsenal</u>
1. CPS 1700 (k-mod and CVF planned)
2. CPS 1000 (k-mod and CVF planned)
3. 3x XP 240
4. Max-D 4000

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:43 pm

Anyone who has cards can you name your best ones? I am just curios.

ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:54 pm

I liked season 1 of yugioh (unaired in US) the first season of it in the US was actually the second season. the first season didn't focus on the card game and its moneymaking potential. every episode had a different game or toy. and yami yugi was sadistic =). beyblades had a good concept. It had a really good start. I wish that they had used more strategy and innovation rather than degrading into "goooo bitbeast! noo you lost! ill train you somehow! Go bitbeast again! YES I WIN!"

edit: when I bought my first LOB booster pack, it had a red eyes in it. lucky me. like when I bought my first pokemon booster pack, it had a charizard.
http://xs7.xs.to/pics/04512/sig2.jpg
-whoamg, I can't put ANY anime girl in my sig without doom deleting it. =\

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:30 pm

I played beyblade a bit when it first came out, but it never stuck. I have a kick butt customized one that I let my friend's little brother use when his beyblades can't beat his friends. It has an extented rip cord for better spin.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:59 pm

I used to do yu gi oh, and have some pretty good cards.

but I quit because it just got boring
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:58 pm

When you start playing beyblades a lot it gets fun. in school most people try to make them so good it cracks the other persons. Also its fun to mod them. ;)

Peeko

Post by Peeko » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:49 am

Yu-Gi-Oh,
I have the best deck in town,
All god cards,3 blue eyes, blue eyes shining, Exodia,3 movie sphinx's+ all the other good cards you can think of.
Some may think I'm a freak. :blink:
Psychiatrist: Why do you soak everyone?
Me: Soaking is just a habit

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:07 pm

Originally posted by Peeko@Dec 12 2004, 02:49 AM
Yu-Gi-Oh,
I have the best deck in town,
All god cards,3 blue eyes, blue eyes shining, Exodia,3 movie sphinx's+ all the other good cards you can think of.
Some may think I'm a freak. :blink:
[snapback]20123[/snapback]

Way way back when Metal Raiders Expansion came out, I played the game heavily. If you pick up the game and play a few times you actually may like it. At about Legacy of Darkness I had quit, due to the over-popularity of little kids, and the parents watching over their son or daughter's opponents at tournaments.

I will admit something most Yu-Gi-oh! fans won't. I actually enjoyed the 1st dubbed season a little bit, when it was first starting out, and I still do. However qwith the japanese version, they cut out 47 episodes, which I have almost all those episodes in my manga collection (japanese comics). What did 4kids entertainment have to edit? Blood, Knives, Guns, saw-blades, and a lot of other stuff. The card game was aimed at 13+. The japanese anime version of it was aimed 13+. The English Dub version was about 7+. If you hate Yu-Gi-Oh! and then read the Manga or watched the japanese anime, you would be suprised how different the englush dub is from the original thing.

With the new ban list, Im still reconstructing a deck. I don't play as heavily anymore, but I still do from time to time. The God Cards are illegal to play in games and tournaments, they are strictly collectors cards. Blue Eye White Dragons have 3000 atk, but take two sacrifices for their power, which in a beatdown deck is not worth it. Also for shining, two sacrifices, weak Atk points. Exodia is fine, you can build a decka round it, but it will get countered easily. I am not sure about all the movie cards or sphinx cards. I have never played beyblades, andi kind of steered away from them. Well, theres my 2 cents ^_^

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:03 pm

I have the best deck in my shcool, but I Don't play a lot because a lot of people argue about dumb stuff like"magic cards are different than spell cards." <_<

DX

Post by DX » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:30 am

Interestingly I don't even know what Beyblades even is. :blink: I have all but stopped playing any kind of these fad games for years. I collected Pokemon cards and played Magic The Gathering heavily, but stopped when they faded and this was before Yu-Gi-Oh cards even existed.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:40 am

I believe bey blade is making a spining top kind of thing and try to knock other spining tops out of a area. I don't know how it works.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:30 am

Basically it's battling tops with teeth that stick out of the top. You can customize all the parts, making them spin and move around differently. Stuff like that.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups