Make people think your APH is a CPH!

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
The Stealthy Panda

Make people think your APH is a CPH!

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:57 pm

I had an interseting idea. If you're a modder, which you probably are if you make homemades, then you most likely have a few Pressure Relief Valves lying around. My idea was this: why not but one of these in front of an APH's ball valve so it won't fire if the pressure gets down to useless levels? Just a thought. An AWESOME thought. :D
Hail Reeen! (Reeen is not a typo)

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:42 pm

Neat idea, definitely outside the box! Unfortunately, there are a few problems.
1) Flow through pressure release valves isn't great.
2) The water coming out of the pressure release valves will still have varying pressure. A 30 PSI valve can be opened from 80 PSI all the way down to 30 PSI.
3) There would be a ton of turbulence.

Still, neat idea! Be sure to share any future insights. :cool:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:49 pm

Perhaps messing around with pressure gauges would work better, but most likely still wouldn't work at all. Just control how you fire your air pressure guns and there won't be any problems in the first place.

And most of those people you're refering to probably wouldn't know what an APH is, let alone the difference between an APH vs CPH.

Of course, it might be better to build a CPH in the first place. The only reason I see to build an APH instead is for the max power, but that takes more pumping (plus pre charging, etc.) and CPHs are more user friendly in general.