cannon broke, need help getting piece out of valve, and filling valve leaking

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Adam487

cannon broke, need help getting piece out of valve, and filling valve leaking

Post by Adam487 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:39 pm

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
my day old water balloon cannon just hit the ground and broke, the male PVC adapter on the pressure chamber cracked and now the threaded end is stuck inside the ball valve and the non threaded end inside the PVC pressure chamber. I have tried using a pipe wrench to grab the pieces but it just breaks pieces off the end. Any suggestions? will I be able to get it out, or will I have to buy another valve?

Also at the valve for filling it there is a slow leak, how can i fix this? I had just screwed in. I put in Teflon tape but then it broke as explained above. will teflon tape do it or should I use some type of glue?

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:50 pm

I think that I know what you are talking about, but I am not completely sure. If you can provide a picture, it would be very helpful.

If the male threads are still stuck into a female threads, you might want to get chisel or something to pry the threads out. You could try to use the chisel as a lever too, but I think that the only thing that would work in this circumstance is brute force.

I am assuming that you are using a schrader valve for your filling valve, and I am also assuming that you did not put in a redundant check valve. Using only a schrader valve is just asking for trouble. A second "real" check valve would never leak, but a schrader valve could be moved around and manipulated so that it can leak.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.