CPS homemade attempt

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
DX

Post by DX » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:54 pm

Nibor and I are going to try to make a new homemade, 2 of them. The design places a cylinder-style CPS pc at the top of the gun, has a one gallon milk bottle for a reservoir, has powerful nozzles, and features a pvctracked pump! Most of the gun will be pvc and is fired with a ball valve. It will also have a grip instead of a handle; it there's room there will be a strap, too.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:13 am

Nice.

Good Luck on the homemade!
I don't check this forum anymore.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:51 am

The milk jug. Bad idea.
They are flimsy and break easy. You might want to incase it in something. Duct tape if nothing else. heheh, its good for anything. Duct tape, use number 34871293481343443307428973- Homeade Water Gun Reservoir Reinforcement.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:47 am

Dux, I thought we weren't going to talk about this until after we started it. But anyway, The milk jug probably is to flimsy so I was thinking one of those orange juice bottles that are like super thick (the plastic ones, not the papery ones). Me and Dux are looking into making our own cps PC. We're still not sure about it all but we can definatly do it.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:54 am

I think you should hold it in PVC or ABS piping, not milk jugs and stuff like that.

What is the PC going to be constructed from? I mean the actual CPS one. And what's the internal diameter going to be? I think you should make it at least 3/4", and try to use large LRT if you decide to use some. My CPS homemade was anti-climatic on the riotblast.

Check that out for ideas on the tracked pump, I've actually tried some of this stuff before but later decided to go for simplicity in my homemades.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:07 pm

Doom, How did you make the PC for the CPS homemade? We're planning on making our own but are not quiet sure on how to.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:15 pm

Doom doesn't make his. He orders Latex Rubber Tubing from mcmaster.com then applies a few layers of innertube to make it a little stronger/thicker. If you want a balloon CPS gun. I guess make your own shell, and do something along the lines of an XPS.
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:18 pm

Originally posted by BlueSmudge@Sep 3 2004, 02:15 PM
Doom doesn't make his. He orders Latex Rubber Tubin from mcmaster.com then applies a few layers of innertube to make it a little stronger. If you want a balloon CPS gun. I guess make your own shell, and do something along the lines of an XPS.
That's not completely it. I also buy a second (and want to buy a third) tube to put over the smaller internal one. This makes the thickness comparable to that of a K-modded gun. After a few more layers of bike tubes, you can really have something powerful.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:56 pm

We're making a cylinder PC. I know the things to make it with, I need to know how to put the stuff together.