Snowball Wars

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:04 pm

I practice my aim every time I walk home from school (whip a snowball at my friend when he's got his back turned :P ). I'm going to have a huge war with 4 of my frenns at the hill across the street from me. Let's list some tactics in this thread.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:31 pm

Well, I always build a base and about 100 snowballs before every snowball war I've ever had. Thats what most people do though. :Hey, that's funny.: Maybe you could take a WBL and make a snowball launcher? My dad said that him and some of his friends used to do that but with combustion spud guns. He said most of the time half the snowball melted, so air pressure is your best choice.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:14 am

Camoflage--White pants, coat, gloves, hat, etc, etc. In other words, try to wear mostly white.

Weaponry--WBL fit for snowballs instead of water balloons, gloves (not mittens), packing snow (this type of snow only occurs when it has snowed, then it gets warmer so the snow gets slightly heated, then you can easily make snowballs that actually FLY and make an IMPACT :P )

--I'm well educated in the way of Snow Warfare ;)

Also the snow forts should be built more complex. I like to put in rocks and sticks inside the snow walls of the fort (put the sticks into the ground first) to boost the strength of the walls.

Classifying snowballs--
1. "normal" snowballs are made of powder snow packed tightly together between your hands. These make more of an explosion effect on contact.
2. "Bullet" snowballs are made of packing snow. pack the snow tightly and constantly. This will harden it almost to the point where it feels like ice. I only use these for destroying forts at a distance, for it would injure someone closer
3. "Mongo" snowballs are huge ones made of any kind of snow. Just lightly pack the snow into a giant ball and lob them over fort walls.

Holy XPBackfire-esque I think I over did it there :blink:

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:46 am

nah, I need those tactics. we just got like 3" of snow...
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:14 pm

You guys take snowball fights to seriously.... :Hey, that's funny.:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:20 pm

One of my friends showed me this at school. I thought you would like it. :)
http://www.nny.com/snowcraft/snowcraft.htm
An awesome strategy to do is to put your unused guys in a corner where they can't get hit. ;)

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:17 pm

notice the protective properties of the snow fort...

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:15 am

If you guys Don't call yourselves being too serious about water wars, then Don't say that we're too serious about snow wars. The area we fight in is a giant hill that has a steep slpoe on one side for quick escapes. There is kind of a pine tree shelter nearby that offers cover. There are two buildings in the area.

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:56 pm

WBL+Snow=Bad Idea

Snow balls are hard (from what I've heard) and shooting someone with a spudgun that has a snowball in it could seriously hurt someone.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:27 pm

No, actually most snowball(unless they are really really cold and wet, and become frozen) are not hard at all. Iceballs are what you are thinking of probably. I sometimes will take a snowball as slam it into a friends face, and they're fine. They're not that hard.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:18 pm

agreed. besides, if you use it at the max. range or maybe even just outside it, no one will get hurt. it's more used as a sniper weapon than anything else.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:48 am

Yeah, throwing snowballs is way faster than shooting them out of a WBL!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:09 pm

Good people. This is all good stuff.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:20 am

What I do is overturn one of those boat-shaped sleds, and when we are under attack, we just hide in it.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>