Rip-off supersoakers?

General water gun discussion.
totokan

Rip-off supersoakers?

Post by totokan » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:11 pm

So, I was browsing for a deal on an RC boat I wanted and I came across a website called HobbyTron. While there, I saw an ad for their selection of water guns. Being a sucker for cheap deals on water warfare, I clicked it. Turns out the majority of them are "Super Blaster" guns that bare an eerie resemblance to the CPS line of legends. Check it out, tell me if you think they're PC or CPS, or piston even?
http://www.hobbytron.com/WaterGuns.html

cantab

Re: Rip-off supersoakers?

Post by cantab » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:08 pm

Cheap pressurised-reservoir guns. Don't expect great performance - even the current Hasbro pressurised soakers will likely outshoot them. They'll be better than bog-standard squirt guns mind, and may have good shot time.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Eruco

Post by Eruco » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:08 pm

Judging by the quite silly video they made, They're not piston as for being CPS I would doubt it but it looks like it'll cost you about 10$ to know for sure.

Edit part 1: Ninja'd by Cantab.
Edit part 2: Or you know you could read..."Introducing the Super Water Blaster 5000. This amazing water gun features a detachable rear water tank making it very easy to fill up and get back into the action. The Super Water Blaster 5000 is a pressurized water gun so you'll have longer range compared to regular water guns giving you the edge to win the battle. All you need to do is fill the tank with water, pump the gun up to build pressure and you are good to go."

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:24 pm

I forgot this was the site that video came from. Despite the sillyness, it gives you some idea of the performance. They actually look reasonably good. But definitely more like an XP, they don't compared to CPSes.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:07 am

Technically, squirt guns are also piston, just with really small pistons. However, squirt guns have a very distinct trigger shape that stand out from fake triggers (for piston guns) and regular triggers.

Edit: Very amusing video. Now if only they didn't pretend to exaggerate the ranges on most of the attacks...
Last edited by C-A_99 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Specter

Post by Specter » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:25 am

Dont buy from hobbytron, they overcharge for shipping. I was browsing their airsoft equipment quite a while ago and added something to the cart to see the shipping. a pistol holster would cost something like $11 to ship and the item cost $14.99 and weighs less than 2-3 pounds
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october