pressurizing water tank question?

General water gun discussion.
cmb7684

pressurizing water tank question?

Post by cmb7684 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:11 am

I have an idea for a water gun tht I would like to get input on. I have seen the water jet on the tv ads. It is made of aluminum and brass and appears to be light weight, While It may not act as a replacement pressure washer as it is advertised it seems like it may have some spunk to it for use in water war. We have teams and will need something that is light so you can run with it and also not connected with a hose to a standard or traditional water system.

The idea I have is simple. I want to use a 2 gallon plastic tank and make straps so it can be carried on the back as a back pack maybe even placed in a back pack if needed. I would like to run a hose from the tank to the water jet. They boast the range comes from pressure created from some volume reductions system built into the gun or jet. The trouble I see if I will need a way to pressure the tank or system to standard city water system pressure which I beleive to be usually 35 to 60 psi. I assume the gun needs to be suppled with at least standard pressure to work.

I thought about maybe using a garden sprayer as the tank and just pump it to build pressure but I think it would be a pain and that you would be constantly pumping without time to use the gun. I thought it may be possible to maybe use a co2 cartridge or something like that to keep pressure on the tank. Maybe this is not realistic or maybe there is an easier way which is what I'm hoping you all may be able ot add to.

captianfear

Re: pressurizing water tank question?

Post by captianfear » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:52 am

You would need a pressure regulator. It has been done before.
http://www.sscentral.org/homemade/supercap.html

http://www.thehalls-in-bfe.com/UberSoak ... oaker.html

I don't know about the pressure washer nozzle. It might not get enough range and could be harmful. You could just use a ball valve.