what class is good for the Xenon

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Tactical Theory 101

what class is good for the Xenon

Post by Tactical Theory 101 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:55 pm

What class do you think the WW Xenon should be used in. I think scout because it's pretty light-weight and has a sufficient water supply. Please explain your choice.
Armoury: Xenon(2), Orca, SS Secret Strike(2),

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:04 am

I'm not one for classifying blasters in this sense, but for the Xenon you're pretty much right as a scout blaster. It's light, not much capacity or soaking power, but gets the job done in a small soakfest.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:41 am

Personally, I don't believe in static classes/roles/positions and limiting what a gun can be used for. If someone wants to go scout, A: that shouldn't be the only thing they are responsible for during an entire war, and B: they should use whatever gun they are most skilled at wielding. The two guys who "scout" the most often on my team use a CPS 2500 and a CPS 3200. Those are not light guns, but when you are very fast and very strong, you can bring out greater firepower and turn a scouting foray into a full blown offensive if desired. I even let them make that call if they see an opportunity. In fact, my team from the outside appears to be an unpredictable, unorganized mess of constantly changing positions and invididual command decisions. That is where our greatest strength lies.

Personally, I'd use the Xenon for whatever use is needed. If someone hasn't got a gun, that's their primary. If someone wants to dual wield, that's their second. If someone wants to attack the enemy via hit and run, light guns work there too. My usual use of light guns is when I'm in a situation where fighting is very fierce and very fast paced. When mobility and maneuverability are key, they are great to have.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!