2 to 3 liter bottle reservoirs

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
JuchTurtles

2 to 3 liter bottle reservoirs

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:47 pm

These work well for reservoirs in APH designs. They don't need to take pressure in these, so they just store water. You can cut and attached several together, too (with epoxy).

All you need is a dip tube of some sort. Then you can attach the bottle on the part that uses 1/2" pipe with PVC glue. The bottle will work as your reservoir, similar to some XPs. Except that these can have their bottom and top cut off, and then they can be attached to each other using glue.

I think this is a good solution if you don't want to build a backpack.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

cantab

Re: 2 to 3 liter bottle reservoirs

Post by cantab » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:57 am

Something similar that's occurred to me is milk cartons. Mainly because of the inbuilt handle. If you put a new fill cap in the top side of the carton, it would be very like the CPS line in general layout.
Never tried it mind.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier: