Multi Shot WBL's

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:12 pm

Some new ideas for WBL's that have more than one shot have come up on SM forums. Commander Gaunt and I have created 2 designs. Both of which I like very much. I thought it would be good to discuss here on SSC as well.
ImageThis is the general idea, but only with three shots (sorry about small pic) open all valves except valve I, pump up to around 60psi, then close all the valves, for shot 1, open valve I, then open valve II for second shot (probably slightly less than 60psi), close vale II then open valve III for the third shot. To re pump, open all valves but close valve I. VI and VII are the tyre valve and pressure guage.

You could make one with a Hasbro HQ of a lot of shots, Just depend what size manifold you can get (I can only get up to 4 way).
ImageThe blue is the ball valves, the red is the PC's, the green is the 3 way divider, and the purple is the barrel.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:40 am

+picture
The blue is the ball valves, the red is the PC's, the green is the 3 way divider, and the purple is the barrel.
The only problem is, and I forgot to mention this on the SM Forums, is that you probably can't get pvc that is shaped like that. A 4 way cross piece would be needed unless there really is a 3 way divider with 45 degree angles like that. I've never seen one though.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:15 am

Yes, they make them. I could go get one right now, but I won't. There are several pipe fittings like this. Probably costs a lot though.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:11 pm

Originally posted by Duxburian@Jan 16 2005, 09:40 PM
The only problem is, and I forgot to mention this on the SM Forums, is that you probably can't get pvc that is shaped like that. A 4 way cross piece would be needed unless there really is a 3 way divider with 45 degree angles like that. I've never seen one though.
[snapback]21353[/snapback]

That's not the only problem. That would be one Hasbro HQ of an awkward design. If I saw someone running around with something like that I... well I'd do something weird.

Not only that, I also doubt a reasonable amount of the water balloons shot would make it through such a coupler. Unless the part is made extremely smooth, and even then, I don't think that would be the best design.

If I wanted to make a multiple shot WBL, I'd make it have a rotating barrel or ammo configuration, similar to a revolver. Some sort of air rationing system would be in order. I'm not exactly sure on how to make the air rationing system, that's just what I'd do.

USSA

Post by USSA » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:23 pm

The problem is that since we need to have our large PC' we are forced to make a pepperbox at best. The problem then arrises. What separates this beast from 3 regular air cannons duck taped together? Well nothing... except perhaps the fact that if you have a number of separate guns it's much more adaptable and every member of your team could be given a weapon. So after much though and a lot of graph paper I've decided to give up on a multi shot air cannon.