Predator Paintball/Water gun

General water gun discussion.
SSCBen

Predator Paintball/Water gun

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:42 pm

Interesting novelty: http://www.redferret.net/?p=7118

I wonder how well this peforms. Likely it probably doesn't do the paintball mode or water gun mode correctly, but it still is an interesting idea.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:02 pm

It's definitely more in the paintball line of things, so I'd imagine it's the water "squirting" that is lacking in performance--of course, I could be completely wrong. I did a search on the product, looking for more information beyond the meager bit supplied by the link(s), but there really wasn't anything that helpful. No ranges, output, stats or anything--just the price and the number of paintballs it holds (only 60). Hmm...

It is a neat gimmick though...perhaps it's used to wash off paint splattered all over you and objects you weren't supposed to be shooting at? :p

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:12 pm

Jacks Pacific had something similar. Only it shot paint splashes or water splashes. I tried to buy it, but the ebay seller didn't want to ship to Canada.

I wonder if there are any US stores with that Predator gun.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:40 pm

Nope, I actually didn't see any U.S. stores. I googled "Predator Beast PR3000" (without the quotation marks, of course; if I had searched for that phrase in the exact order of words, I might not have gotten anything), but not much besides blogs and that one UK supplier carried the item. Perhaps something would come up if I dropped one of the search terms or check Froogle...

I don't really care about the lack of a U.S. supplier because I'm not interested in the gun, but it weird that only one online reseller sells it. Maybe it's only in actual stores besides that online store, or maybe the gun or the manufacturer isn't very popular at all, although I was under the impression that the manufacturer was more common.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:42 pm

I had the same seach result. Every result linked back to the original Uk store.

What intersts me about the gun is, that if it has a barrel that is large enough for paintballs, it should have a juicy stream or at least a good output.

It being a 2006 release, it might eventualy come overseas. It somewhat looks like a Euopean manufactuer with apearing partialy made of aloy, since if it would have been made by a US company it would be all plastic, flimsy trigger, bright colours and shaped as if the Hasbro Nerf designer staff was drunk.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:25 pm

Interesting observation--I was also under the assumption that there were two different barrels, although it appears as if I am wrong again. I would think the water would mess up the barrel for the paintballs, but I suppose in retrospect the lubrication might be even more effective. I do know they make Airsoft BB-sized paintballs, but these are clearly the standard ones.

The construction is probably far more solid, if only because the paintballs might require it. But you are right--I'm pretty sure Europeans aren't as bad as Americans are when it comes down to being cheapskates and outsourcing.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:50 am

Europe is eventualy getting there. 10 yers ago, you couldn't find a WalMart in europe, while now most countries have them regularly replacing their local retail stores. Typical expanding monopoly. Thats not good for a free market, since new buisness won't have a chance growing, and you end up with less choice in products, since every retail store only signs contracts with certain products.

Which is some of the reason why I don't buy hasbros excuses. While I am sure that manufacturers realy believe that, its not that simple. Inflation of production costs is getting countered by outsorcing and more advanced production machinery. Any decreased profits compared to the 90s would be just minimal. That is if there are decreased profits. Very often, upper managements has a tendancy to give themselves a regular raise, so profits might be just the same and are only not as increasing due to kickbacks.

The next one is retail guidelines. I noticed that every retail store has different shelf space guidelines, so the universal size reduction would not make that much sense. Unless of course manufactueres only want to have contracts with certain retailers, which would be the Super sized retail stores such as Walmart, TRU and Zellers. If they have shelf space for double pack soaker sets, they can't tell me that shelf space is limited only to small soakers.

So all in all, making a bonus buck is what ultimatly lead to the soakers turning out to be weakly little squirts. If Monopoly companies want to whine about inflation or decreasing profits, then give me a break. They make such huge profits by partialy borderline ruthlessness, that an increase in production costs would not hurt them. Its like oil companies telling people they have to have higher prices to prevent going out of buisness. Its one of the oldest monopoly excuses in the book.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:07 am

I completely agree. With some CPS- and Monster-line soakers that sold for upwards of $30 and even $40, there's no way profits could be low--at least not with materials that are so cheap. Demand for such soakers, at least for the few people in each locality interested or rich enough to buy them, would increase sales and profits. That is to say, 20% extra sales ashould be preferable over a fraction of loss, if any.

Of course, let's not pull this discussion off topic. The PR3000 looks decent, but of course none of us have tested it, so the actual facts besides the customary seller description are known. I'll assume that the quality meets the standards set by BBT and Lanard, which you said was Asian in another thread. Perhaps the performance is lacking, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

13lack-ace

Paintball guns

Post by 13lack-ace » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:12 am

These are alright guns, if you want water paintball this is the gun. If you want close range use the patriot pump action paintball gun, of just want to mow down your friends with the mega splat? Trust me with these guns you could reenact a war!! i have all of the guns, this one i would rank 3 stars. Paint balls are the best part, water.... its alright you need 2 judge for yourself Cya...

13lack-ace

Not the point

Post by 13lack-ace » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:32 am

I have tryed this gun many times i have the hole series its a alright performance, Over all its about a 6/10 You need 2 judge 4 yourself... the paint ball is exreamly effective it will nail your enemy in one go... (leave a massive bruise). So my say is Yes very good and effective Back to you Silent Guy.... *cough cough*