Opening an XP 310

Threads about water gun modifications.
Master Yogurt

Post by Master Yogurt » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:00 pm

So, I've finally unscrewed the many screws in my XP 310, but how do I remove the plastic tab separating two pressure tanks? I don't want to break the thing, so I haven't tried to force it. Any recommendations?
My Armory
<span style='color :p urple'>
4 XP-210s
Secret Strike with drilled nozzle and increased range
XP 310 with shotgun nozzle and fan nozzle
Storm something-or-other pistol
Old "Power Soaker" - hey, it's made by Larami!

I miss my XP 75 classic... I don't miss my XP 85.

Need DOS help or looking for games? Dosgames.com is a great resource, and its forums are excellent, and, hey, I've been a mod there for years!

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:26 pm

That can be popped right off, it is a useless decoration. Try forcing it, it won't hurt it so you can put it back on in the future. I don't even know where mine is, I think I threw it away. I opened mine two days ago to xps mod mine and I suggest you put a few balloons in your pressure chambers, it is well worth the time and effort. ^_^

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:15 pm

I too took that part of and ditched it, it is just a decoration that does sort of hold the PCs apart. Then again, they don't need held apart, so it's useless.

And agreeing with Crashdummy again, yes DO XPS it while you have it open, because if you don't you will just think "what if I did..." otherwise :D . I used about five balloons in each PC.

I wouldn't really worry about damaging the XP310 too much, not because it's cheap and easy to replace but because it's just very tough! I've done enough to mine to kill it three times over if it was any other XP soaker, the 310 is very easy to fix. I used a flathead screwdrive to get this bit out, I think.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Master Yogurt

Post by Master Yogurt » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:32 pm

Hey, thanks. I used pliers to pry it off, and it popped right out.

Even without it, though, my gun still doesn't open. It seems stuck together somewhere. I can lift parts of it up, but I still can't open it fully to get at the internals.

Anyhow, yeah, XPS mod was what I had in mind. ;)
My Armory
4 XP-210s

Need DOS help or looking for games? Dosgames.com is a great resource, and its forums are excellent, and, hey, I've been a mod there for years!

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:50 pm

There is 18 screws that need to come off. All cosmetic body parts must get taken off to open the gun. There is two more screws under the one partially covering the reservoir, maybe you forgot those. :huh:

Master Yogurt

Post by Master Yogurt » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:21 pm

No, got those... Unless there's one hidden underneath the fake piping, I have them all. I'll have to try it again tomorrow... Maybe I somehow missed one, as unlikely as that seems.
My Armory
4 XP-210s

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:31 am

Did you take off the pump cap at the front of the gun? That is probably it most likely.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

Master Yogurt

Post by Master Yogurt » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:10 am

Yeah, I got that off, too. Thing's annoying, but not as bad as my sis's Secret Strike was.

The sticking seems to be more to the center-front of the gun. I'll have to mess with it tomorrow.
My Armory
4 XP-210s

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:40 pm

Did you take off the guard-like part that overhangs the nozzles? That has three screws in it and falls into two parts, and is the only other part I can think of at the moment.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:58 pm

I think he's right, but it seems like you got that. You might have to take off the nozzle, but I don't think so. :huh:
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

Master Yogurt

Post by Master Yogurt » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:12 am

I finally got it apart - I just sort of forced it. All the screws were out, there was nothing that SHOULD have been keeping it together at all, but it seemed stuck together somewhere towards the middle front of the gun - about under the PCs.

Now, the bigger question - what's a good diameter balloon to use for the XPS mod? I added one twelve-inch to each PC, which indeed allows me to shoot at any angle, but they seem too large to use about six or seven in each PC.
My Armory
4 XP-210s