Hypothetical Modification Question

Threads about water gun modifications.
Viscen Django

Post by Viscen Django » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:35 pm

An idea just struck me, and I was wondering if it would work.

Could you, hypothetically, drill extra holes into the front of a Vaporizer or other piston gun so it has two or more nozzles?

-\\-Hraesvelgr-//- Sivayth Prioritus

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:33 pm

You could not drill holes in the front of a Vaporizer to get extra nozzles. The nozzle is attached by a piece of tubing to the pump/piston. This picture of should assist:

As you can see, the nozzle is attached to the pump by a piece of tubing. To make multiple nozzles, you would have to attach a T connector to the tubing that the nozzle is attached to. Then, attach two pieces of vinyl tubing to the ends of the T. Just drill an extra hole and you have a Vaporizer with two nozzles.

Multiple nozzles on a Vaporizer would be useless. The Vaporizer's pump has a volume of only 22 mL (.73 oz.). This is less than 1X output. It would be useless to make it have two or more nozzles because the output would be so tiny it couldn't possible soak anyone.

For a Vaporizer mod that might be worth doing, check out Ben's piston conversion article.

On a side note, please only color for emphasis. I find it harder to read.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:25 pm

To put it simply, it is possible to make more nozzles, but then what's the point? If you have ever seen or used a CPS 1-3-5, I can tell you, having extra nozzles does little to nothing in a water fight. Good idea though.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:49 pm

I have to agree there. The CPS 1-3-5 nozzle wise isn't very good. You waste water while not even hitting anything. This has been said before in the K-Modding article. "More isn't always the merrier". So this phrase in some cases may apply to drilling more nozzles in guns too.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:18 pm

Most experienced members agree, however, that having all of those nozzles pointing at the same angle (parallel) to each other would have made the 1-3-5 an extremely effective rifle. Especially coupled with some other power modification.

On topic: Drilling holes into the Vaporizer's nozzles is possible, just not practical.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:53 pm

I once made a nozzle for my APH with two 1/8" holes so that they shot in parallel. From my experience with it, I would rather have one bigger nozzle for one reason - stream breakup. Smaller streams break up more because there is less water (from a smaller diameter) on the "head" of the stream.

The Vaporizer wouldn't be the water gun to do this modification to also. The Piston Conversion modification is more interesting than useful - the pump was hard to pump and small. If you were going to try something like this out, first do a PVC nozzle selector modification of some sort to a more powerful water gun.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:37 am

Isn't a 1/8 nozzle pretty small? I would of gone with a 1/4 or 3/8. I nozzle modded my CPS 1200 so I'll try this out. The best I think it will do is maybe make a riot blast or fan spray.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:26 pm

I went for 1/8" because I wanted to stay a little on the safe side as far as space management went. Because the particular endcap I used was curved (not flat like some), if I put the holes out too far on the side, both may shoot unevenly to the side.

1/8" is moderate to me anyway - I consider 1/16" or 5/64" small. ;)