Cps 2100 Pump Cap

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
hooligan

Post by hooligan » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:30 pm

Hey all

How do I remove the pump cap for the CPS 2100 without flexing and destroying the frame. I checked the "opening your soaker" but it won't Also the nozzle prevents me from popening the frame enugh so that I can get the pc out.

I'm afraid that it will break! ACutally I just don't want it to break.

Thanks,

Hooligan
<span style='color:red'>Because Hooligans are
1)Useless
2)Pointless
3)Redundant
4)Useless
5)Pointless
6)Redundant

hooligan

Post by hooligan » Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:51 pm

Come on guys!

I need help! I don't understand hoow you use pliers to take off the cap. Its real stubborn. Dux, have you damaged your ppump cap (or anyone whos taken it off) at all. Like chips and scratches?
1)Useless
2)Pointless
3)Redundant
4)Useless
5)Pointless
6)Redundant

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:36 pm

Which pump cap do you have? Is it glued on, or can you turn it?
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:51 pm

If he could turn it, there would be no problem. Its probably glued on tight. You have to saw it if nothing else works. Don't be afraid to hack it apart, the pump cap has no use other than to make it harder to open your soaker. I had one with a glued pump cap, the solution was to saw a cut down the middle so the casing could be opened. If its not glued, pry under it in several places with a screwdriver, it should begin to get looser and then you can simply pop it off.
Hope that helps.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

hooligan

Post by hooligan » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:08 pm

Thanks Dux

But what about the nozzle. It seems that it keeps the case shut as well!
1)Useless
2)Pointless
3)Redundant
4)Useless
5)Pointless
6)Redundant

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:10 pm

I can tell you have the "mk3" CPS 2100 version-the newer one. The inner nozzle is attached to the internals, the outer nozzle to the casing. Make sure you get all the screws out, including the ones on the nozzle. If your gun is the newer model, then be careful after the k-mod [if your intent is to k-mod it]. The newer 2100's are not as good to mod as the oldest version, the "mk1" 2100 as I call it. ;)
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

elusiveviper723

Post by elusiveviper723 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:38 am

yeah...that happened with my two guns...I just hack sawed right down the middle of the pump cap and the nozzle cap then split the gun open...this way you can still hae the appearence of a stock gun even though there are saw marks down the middle...but most people won't see it untill its too late.... :D

hooligan

Post by hooligan » Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:48 am

Well...

I have the sticker on the right side that's all I know. This is really hard to open up. I wonder even if it's worth k-modding if it'so hard and it could break so easily. I want a monster but I also want something can mod easily :'(! :angry: :angry:
1)Useless
2)Pointless
3)Redundant
4)Useless
5)Pointless
6)Redundant