Repairs to Super Soaker xp 310

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
baboon

Repairs to Super Soaker xp 310

Post by baboon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:53 am

Dear All,

I have a super soaker xp 310 from 2002 and now my trigger mechanism is extremely stiff, requiring two hands to pull the trigger when it is fully pumped. The front occasionally leaks as well.
I have tried dismanteling it as per the pictures on this site, but my screws are extremely rusty and the heads are worn off. My pressure guage is dead, but I don't really need that to be fixed.

I really want to fix this, as this was my first water gun and is one of the toys I have had which have been through numerous pranks.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would be extremely greatful.

Thanks,

Jono

Silence

Re: Repairs to Super Soaker xp 310

Post by Silence » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:55 am

Welcome aboard!

Try drilling through the screws if there's no other option. Unless there are a bunch of rusty screws right next to each other, the gun should still be fairly solid afterward.

There's really no better way to find and fix the problem, though. The case will need to be opened no matter what. :cool:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:57 am

Welcome to SSC!

On our repairs page we link to a guide on opening water guns. The technique for rusted screws is to drill straight through the head of the screw so it no longer is holding anything down. If you do it correctly you can drill the head of the screw our and cause no damage to the case. Most of the time you drill into the case a bit though and you can't use a screw in that location again unless you repair the case.

Edit: Silence beat me to it.

baboon

Post by baboon » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:23 am

"Dear All,

I have a super soaker xp 310 from 2002 and now my trigger mechanism is extremely stiff, requiring two hands to pull the trigger when it is fully pumped. The front occasionally leaks as well.
I have tried dismanteling it as per the pictures on this site, but my screws are extremely rusty and the heads are worn off. My pressure guage is dead, but I don't really need that to be fixed.

I really want to fix this, as this was my first water gun and is one of the toys I have had which have been through numerous pranks.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would be extremely greatful.

Thanks,

Jono"

Now my super soaker pump rod has snapped off about 7 cm from the plastic handle, and the water output is rather bad, averaging 2 half pumps before it gets so tight it is impossible to pump again until realeasing a small trickle of water that requires a hard pull on the trigger with two fingers.

If anyone can help me, I would be greatful. Better still, if anyone in australia can repair it for me and/or recommend a place where i can buy a cps 2000 or 2500