Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Super Soaker Central > Feedback
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:44 PM   #16
Ben
Founder

UserID: 1
Default Re: End of life of the SSC forums?

At the moment I'm thinking about simply disabling new posts at the SSC forums sometime in 2012 and directing everyone to iSoaker.net. The fix I made is not good for an active forum. But an inactive forum will not experience much more than changes to the server, so the software probably will be fine for several years.

[email address] / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.

Last edited by Ben : 09-19-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:57 PM   #17
strato_2r5

UserID: 2402

I think that's the simplest thing to do, like what you were planning before. I like SSC's layout more than iSn's but it'll grow on me. The transition shouldn't be too much to handle, as most of the active members also have iSn accounts. It's just a matter of copying and pasting one's own post.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:56 PM   #18
marauder_4
Community Leader

UserID: 295

People graduate school and take on new jobs, things get more hectic, but I hope that you'll still drop by WWN from time to time, and make the community war if at all possible. Don't be like some people and completely disappear after investing so much time in the community. Thanks for running SSC and contributing so much to the community.
marauder_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #19
Ben
Founder

UserID: 1

When you wrote WWN, I thought "What?" at first but now I see WWN is back. Nice. Thanks for the kind words too.

I'll change everything to direct people to WWN sometime in November.

[email address] / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #20
isoaker_com
Administrator

UserID: 301

Saying that Ben contributed so much to the community is an understatement; he even managed to get *me* to reconsider and change my stance on homemade water guns!

Old 10-19-2011, 12:14 AM   #21
C-A_99
Administrator

UserID: 809

Sometimes, I see all this and wish I did more, but life often gets the better of our ambitions.

In any case, I guess we have something nice to look forwards to; a complete merging/consolidation of the community to one forum which we've been trying to do for years. It took a while, but looks like it'll work out. I do hope for SSC to be archived well though; if it can't be merged with the WWN board, then it should at least be accessible from there. (And backed up by others as needed.)