New Homemade

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:17 am

I am making a homemade CPS soaker. I need to purchase a better CPS tube. I was looking at a webite, they have Latex Rubber Tubing 3/8" ID, 3/4" OD, 3/16" Wall, Black. I was woundering if those are good measurments for a CPS tube. I can't find any 3/8" ID 3/8" Wall like doom sugested.
I have an attached picture. Everything in black is what I already have, the outlined stuff is what I plan to get. Tell me if is a fisible design, and if it will work.
Attachments
Super_Soaker_Plans_copy.jpg
Super_Soaker_Plans_copy.jpg (74.69 KiB) Viewed 1663 times
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:18 am

O sorry, I Don't have the pump. does anyone have good advice on how to attach a pump? (I Don't have any super soaker pumps lieing around)
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:58 am

Hmm, I think I was mistaken about the 3/8" wall, I guess I meant 3/8".

You can make a pump with 2 check valves, some 1/2" ID PVC and a few other things. I'll write something better later today.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:40 pm

that would be swell
Hey, that's funny. swell...ahhhhhhthats great.....

HyperEdit:

Will my soaker work, I Don't know if my plans could actually produce the "right stuff" ?

(Double posting)
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:00 am

If you attach the check valves so that both are pointing towards the PC, that is the side that the water will flow through, then you can make a pump system. One is used to keep the water from going back into the reservoir, and one keeps the water in the PC. That's the most basic explanation I could make, I could get a picture if you need one, but you have to realize it does not need to be set up exactly like that.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:18 am

I still don't completely get it. A picture would help me out doom. and once again does the overall design of my soaker worK?

Wow, check valves are expesnsive! I need two! eeeeks! Okay I should get a Male-Male and a Male-Female right? So I can connect the female to the PVC. But how do I actually pump the pressure? With a bike pump hooked up to the check vlavles? They only regulate were the pressure goes. I need a way to produce it.
What cracking pressure will I need? the .03? I assume since I'm using 1/2" PVC that I will need a 1/2" pipe size, but do the other messurments matter?

EDIT: Spelling, content
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:38 am

Everything but the pump and the water part should work. Remember to use tubing clamps on the CPS tubing, I bought a buttload because they're pretty cheap and very useful. They tighten the tubing onto something. Also use a barbed fitting to put the tubing on, and one larger than the tubing is. The tubing stretches, so it can go on larger things. That basically means higher output. :)

I've attached a pic that may help you. Feel free to ask any question about it, the check valves are pretty obvious.
Attachments
cv2a.jpg
cv2a.jpg (11.15 KiB) Viewed 1647 times

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:43 am

I assume what I Don't get is something to do with the water. Whats wrong with it. Your picture makes is look like I need the Check valves on top of eachother, I assume one goes to the the tank and one to the pump?

Sorry for all the trouble. this is my first homemade :unsure:

Hey sorry, I realize my mistake, I need to pump the pressure into the tank with a check valve, and then put a line out of that to the pressure chamber with a check valve. I'll modify the bottom of my soaker so that it will work.

Sorry for the bad drawing, I know the pump and tank is not connected to the rest of the gun. does it work now?

Hey doom, I have like three feet of a Latex tubing. I already have a bardb fitting and adapter, its all already set up to my gun. There is only one problem, it's (1/4 OR 1/2)" in diameter. I bought 3 feet of it figuring if I got enough it would be equivilent to a short wide one. Would it work? I Don't know where I would put the three feet. I assume I will have to order larger Latex and attachments.

I still would like to know if my knew plans will work.

Do I really need the check valve coming out of the reservoir?

HyperEdit: Triple posting = bad. Fixed as best I could. Also, people will still see it on a new post search, etc. No need to bump. Also, I noticed you post count is rather high for your join date. Ill have to check.
Attachments

[The extension super_soaker_plans_m has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

BlueSoak.net

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:44 pm

I don't think that that will work because the water cannot flow up through the top of the tank. Position the one way valve leading from the tank to the pump somewhere close to the bottom.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat May 01, 2004 5:35 am

I figured that, this was just a fast drawing, both valves will be placed out of the bottom of the tank.
BlueSoak.net