Can somebody help me with making a water gun.

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
HeyItsRocco

delete this

Post by HeyItsRocco » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:53 am

delete this twenty five characters time mmmmmm
Last edited by HeyItsRocco on Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:33 am

Welcome to Super Soaker Central!

If you want the ultimate in range, ruggedness, and looks, you can't get beat with something akin to my Supercannon II. It has over 70 feet of range and it looks like a serious cannon. It can hold over a gallon of water for one big shot. Can't be beat. But it's not a beginner's water gun because it uses an air compressor and can't be built from a picture alone (the piston it uses requires some explanation). It also will cost more than $150.

If you want a good water gun for all purposes, the APH design on our website would be perfect. It has about 55 feet of range (more if you do a few changes that we could explain), can carry as much water as you want, can be built from parts from most hardware stores, and isn't hard to build. The least clear part is the backpack. For the backpack, buy a portable water container and put some straps on it (it'll work). Follow the visual instructions other than that. All you have to do is cut the parts in about the same lengths as the picture and cement them together.

If you need any help too, we can be here to provide it. ;)

DX

Post by DX » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:41 am

You could use a version of SuperCannon II that is powered by a bike floor pump instead of a compressor if money is a concern. It would take longer to pressurize and you'd have to do it yourself, but it could potentially keep the price under $100. It reeally depends on your local area - some places carry a limited PVC selection at horrid prices and others carry a huge selection for quite agreeable prices.

As for the APH, if the backpack is confusing, the design can be tweaked to have an attached reservoir. It won't hold nearly as much water, but it's simple and easy.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

HeyItsRocco

Post by HeyItsRocco » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:48 am

the APH sounds good,except for one thing. The supplies says " a bunch of tools i won't (and I'm too lazy to add the apostrophe!) mention" i don't know what do about that b/c I'm required to show the teacher the whole instruction thing.

Where I live I can get PVC pipe for an good price (if 30 feet of pvc cost me 60$)
Last edited by SSCBen on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:19 am

Here's your tools:

Hacksaw
Hand drill or drill press
A clamp or vise of some sort
Newspaper
Scissors

I can't think of anything else you'll need. ;)

As for where to buy PVC, that depends on where you live. Where do you live? Have you checked hardware or home improvement stores like Lowes or Home Depot? Lowes or Home Depot will have everything you'll need.

Also, please use the edit button to add something to a post rather than posting something within a few minutes of another one of your posts.