Got To Keep On Movin'

Discussion of other water gun websites.
Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:45 am

Now that WWn, the last independent community, has been effectively dissolved, it leaves only two major forums, neither of which are independant. SSCn is its own website (mostly tech) as well as forums, while iSc also is its own website (mostly review focused) with the iScF as its forums. While I don't view either as being superior/inferior its sister, there is a definite difference between the two. SSCn is obviously more tech focused and iSc is more review focused. The forums also seem to take on a different feel. SSCn's is tangibly more playful and has a more laid-back atmosphere, while iSc is more formal and has a more modern feel. SSc has a much larger membership, but that can't really be looked at as accurate as the iScF is not even two weeks old yet. In contrast, the SSCn site is a baby compared to how old the Aquatechnology franchise has been around (circa 1998). I'm also sensing that, knowing iSc, he will not make this forum as integral to the site as SSCn's forums are. Let me make a diagram to demonstrate...

You can see how much more integral to the site the forums are on SSCn than they are at iScF. However, the site itself is much larger at iScF.

I personally prefer the setup at iSc better, but that doesn't mean you should too. I still hold SSCn in the same regard as iSc and think of them in the same calibre.

On that note, I'm afraid that the Aqua NeXuS is no longer in the upper eschelon of the water warfare sites. The lack of updates, content, and the absence of its webmaster leads me to view the NXS as an archive site, like the unfortunate fate of General RAK's Water Wars.

Now that I've made this post, I don't know what you should do in response.. I suppose that we can just discuss the future of Soakerdom? ?
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:44 pm

This is about Soakerdom online, so it should go in the Internet forum. Moving... B)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.