armour-Dillo Water Warriors

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:29 am

armour-Dillo

Its the first one on ebay. And Aparently it shoots 50 feet and has a 3 large streams.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:37 pm

It looks good, but I normally never buy from Ebay. I prefer buying it in mint condition from a Zellers, Wal-Mart, Canadian Tire, or even some department stores in my cottage's town.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:31 pm

I personally would rather build something like that, much smaller and likely cheaper. Should perform similarly, but it likely would look like a long pipe. :Hey, that's funny.:

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:08 am

I would buy that kick[at]$$ armidillo. But its too expensive. I think ill make one that looks enough like a soaker that is qualifies as one. (we don't play with hoses as offensive weapons)
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:52 am

Originally posted by BlueSmudge@Apr 25 2004, 11:08 PM
I would buy that kick[at]$$ armidillo. But its too expensive. I think ill make one that looks enough like a soaker that is qualifies as one. (we don't play with hoses as offensive weapons)
As possible it is to make an armadillo-style soaker, the Arma-dilo seems to have more distance and soakage than most hoses. The price seems quite ok. Given that they are not being sold in USA(Thats the romur), and that a Zook sells for around $30 on ebay.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:38 pm

It looks like the company was aiming for a MXL type thing. They didint come close.
I don't check this forum anymore.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:51 am

I Don't think so, I mean they got the bi-pod but it isnt the big asss power type thing. More of a long range base defense, rather than 15 feet away water blast. It would be a gerat sniper weapon if you could run a hose to your post.
BlueSoak.net

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:19 am

It looks like the company was aiming for a MXL type thing. They didint come close.
I mean they got the bi-pod but it isnt the big asss power type thing. More of a long range base defense, rather than 15 feet away water blast. It would be a gerat sniper weapon if you could run a hose to your post.
I disagree. I have 2 MXLs, which are 2002 models. Which means that they are more powerful than the 2000 model. The new MXL has a shot time of 4 seconds on the 23X soakage and shoots about 35 feet.

So I know what I am talking about if I say this: The Armor-dillo would beat the MXL in soakage and power. The Armor-dillo would beat actually any big cannon. 50 feet is quite acurate, since the distance that Water Warriors promotes is actually correct. The largest stream size looks like at least 10X or more. Combine that with an unlimited water supply, and there is no way you could get beaten. We are not simply talking about quickfill, which has to go back to the hose sooner or later. The Armor-dillo has no shooting break. If you buy a 50 foot hose or longer, which are not that expensive, 1 person could take on a whole group with CPS weapons.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:04 am

Do you think you'll be getting that 50 feet on a 10X nozzle? No way, you'll need something way more powerful than a hose to do that. I wouldn't say it is more powerful than any cannon. My 27000 I know isn't as powerful as CPS 2000, and it already shoots mid 50s in range. The range of a 2000 from what I know usually is over 52 feet.

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:03 pm

Originally posted by DoomSoaker@Apr 27 2004, 05:04 AM
Do you think you'll be getting that 50 feet on a 10X nozzle? No way, you'll need something way more powerful than a hose to do that. I wouldn't say it is more powerful than any cannon. My 27000 I know isn't as powerful as CPS 2000, and it already shoots mid 50s in range. The range of a 2000 from what I know usually is over 52 feet.
We don't know how the internals function. It might has its own mechanics to enhance the hose pressure. I go according to the picture and the description. The stream looks larger than 5X(all 3 of them). And it promotes that it shoots 50 feet. I could be very well wrong, but since there is no other review or stats of it, at the moment its the only official info we have of it. Even if it only would have a 5X nozzle, it still could go easily against a CPS2000, MXL or CPS3200. The nozzle size is not relevant in this case. The unlimited water supply and no pumping gives this one a large advantage. My point is, just because its something new, doesn't mean it not that great. For all we know, with a 70 feet hose attached to it, it could be an extremely well soaker surpassing old ones.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:15 am

I don't think it would have the sheer soaking power of CPS and monster guns. I think of it as more of a sniper or base defense gun, since hoses are hard to drag around, and a Monstr and most CPS guns have a larger nozzzle, the emidiate soakage is greater.
BlueSoak.net