UK middle man scheme?

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)

Would you use a UK based middle man scheme?

Yes, of course.
14%
I would be interested.
14%
Maybe, I'm not sure.
43%
No, hell will freeze over first.
29%
I think this already exists...
No votes

Total votes: 7

joannaardway

UK middle man scheme?

Post by joannaardway » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:08 pm

THIS QUESTION IS POSED AT PEOPLE FROM THE UK ONLY. DO NOT VOTE IF YOU ARE NOT FROM THE UK.

I am unaware of a similar project, so tell me if there is one.

Would you use a middle man scheme that buys large lengths of PVC, latex tubing and similar items at bulk prices and then sells you just what you need for your mods/homemades?

Obviously the bulk prices and selling you just what you need will result in cheaper prices for you, but I am not going to set up a scheme that only 3 or 4 people use.

If I were setting up a scheme like this, I would also look at selling various homemade builds at the same time for the less experienced builders (a bit like spudtech does).

Hopefully, there would be customisation options, and maybe even a self-design option (i.e. you design a homemade, and I build it as close as I can).

If I were selling any homemades, you can bet the Cerberus water balloon launcher will be among them.

If this were to become reality, it would months off at best, and I doubt that it will ever exist.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:19 pm

Just wanted to bring a little more notice to this poll. Please vote if you are in the UK. It doesn't seem that we are getting more than a single vote!

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:03 pm

Well, we don't have many UK members! I personally might buy raw materials from such a scheme, but I wouldn't want to commit to it. Latex rubber tubing would probably be my main request.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:48 am

I always felt that we had more than a few UK members, but either we don't have too many or not too many are interested. Too bad really.

If little interest is shown, I may be able to mail a few people lengths of latex rubber tubing or a few other small things they may want. No profit will be made by myself, so the price will be essentially the cost of the materials plus all of the shipping. Ask me about this if you are interested and we might be able to work something out. ;)

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:39 am

Well, then I guess then that this won't ever happen.

I suppose that I might occassionally sell the extremely complicated Cerberus design to people who want to buy it - but I don't imagine that anyone will want it relative to a cheaper WBL design.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

WaTer FigHt NoOb

Post by WaTer FigHt NoOb » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:18 am

i vote and i don't live it the UK... to bad silly joan can't do any thing about it :)

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:28 pm

What on earth was that post meant to say?

The topic is called "UK based middle man scheme" and you don't pick up on this by not voting?

WaTer FigHt NoOb

Post by WaTer FigHt NoOb » Thu May 04, 2006 12:07 am

Im sorry Jo i didn't mean to offend you in any way and if i did im sorry. But in my defence i just went and voted before i knew what it for even though it said UK middle man scheme i though it was just someone selling from the UK and things can be shipped from the UK. That last post was rather pointless though...

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu May 04, 2006 8:44 am

I could ship from the UK, but the odds are, you'd do better to just get stuff straight from suppliers if you're in the US.

UK stuff isn't cheap...

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu May 04, 2006 8:27 pm

I haven't really looked at it because it doesn't concern me, but in the Homemades subforum at SM, there's a stickied thread called "PVC in the UK." I'll link to it if you want me to.

Chances are you've seen it before, but I might as well have posted this here anyway.

EDIT: I think you might want to change the name slightly. "Middle Man Scheme" seems to allude to some guy in the UK ripping a ton of people off with con artistry, and this seems to be the opposite.
Last edited by Silence on Fri May 05, 2006 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat May 06, 2006 8:59 am

Middle man is the standard term in these cases...

But I don't know if this is going to go ahead... I'm not sure there will be enough demand.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 14, 2006 6:43 pm

Well, it looks like plans for an SSC "Homemade store" are really maturing, assuming Ben can find the time to create one. He has already professed intentions of sending you and/or Spinner supplies, whether they'll be used by you (plural) or by homemade store customers. This thread, then, seems to be nearing an end...

SS_Stencil

Nice idea.

Post by SS_Stencil » Thu May 25, 2006 7:25 pm

Nice idea.

Still don't understand the name.

Where you at in the UK?

And

How much you wanna sell for?
Last edited by SS_Stencil on Sun May 28, 2006 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.