grenade Idea

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Commander Soakage

grenade Idea

Post by Commander Soakage » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:39 pm

this was posted on Instructables as a paintball grenade. I think it will work with water instead of paint here is a link. http://www.instructables.com/id/EACLBAR8VCEQZJJ6LM/

I just tested it 3 times and it works great you can use green knex pieces instead of airsoft bb's if you take off the collar.
Last edited by Drenchenator on Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Re: grenade Idea

Post by Silence » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:24 am

That sounds pretty neat. At first glance I would guess the seal wouldn't hold water since water is less viscous than paint, but if you say it works, then that sounds good. How large was the splash of the "grenade"? And do you have any videos?

By the way, welcome to the forums. :)

Commander Soakage

Post by Commander Soakage » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:40 am

the grenade was less of a splash and more of a spinning sprinkler spray. the radius was about 3 feet but it varied.

P.S. i dont have any videos
P.P.S. you can probably use hemostats to pinch it instead of just twisting it
Last edited by Commander Soakage on Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Commander Soakage

the (un)official water grenade thread

Post by Commander Soakage » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:49 pm

this thread is for all those out there with grenade ideas (besides those wimpy water balloons that need a launcher to work well) but no one to share them with (actually I'm just curious). I'll get the ball rolling with one of my (and some other guy from instructables') Idea http://forums.sscentral.org/t4863/

I'm starting this thread also because no one responded to the link above. > :(
HASBRO stands for:
Horrible, Atrocious, Stupid, Bratty, Rotten and Obnoxious

Commander Soakage

Post by Commander Soakage » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:11 am

check out this link http://forums.sscentral.org/t4865/#post38883
it is the (un)official water grenade thread
HASBRO stands for:
Horrible, Atrocious, Stupid, Bratty, Rotten and Obnoxious

isoaker_com

Re: the (un)official water grenade thread

Post by isoaker_com » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:22 pm

Saw the thread earlier, but hadn't had a chance to go through the link. That said, that water grenade idea really only works for paintball. The amount of water that would end up coming out of that water grenade would not be much per unit area, thus it'd be unlikely anyone would feel much water. Moreover, a similar effect can be achieved much simpler by using a normal balloon, filling it with water, but instead of tying the end closed, just twisting the end to temporarily seal it. Upon throwing, the end will unravel and the balloon will end up ejecting water as it flies. This, too, however is not as popular to use simply since not much water is delivered to any target using this method.

Interesting idea, but not likely as effective as one would hope.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:39 pm

I saw the post earlier, but I've been busy and didn't have a chance to make an adequate response.

Like isoaker_com, I don't think the water output is adequate enough here. It's a neat idea certainly, but you can't really do any soaking with it. It would definitely work better in paintball because you don't need much paint to be applied.