Lego water gun

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
SSCBen

Lego water gun

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 29, 2007 8:38 pm

http://legolab.daimi.au.dk/Models/FireEngine/index.html

Another interesting link I found recently. This is a water gun on a fire truck made from pneumatic Lego parts. Pretty interesting. If I had enough parts I might consider making something similar.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Tue May 29, 2007 8:42 pm

I've seen something like that before at a class I took. Pretty neat, but obviously doesn't shoot far. ;)

EDIT: An idea just struck me, if you are really good at programming Mindstorms (like me, I've used it for four years on a FLL team) then you could easily program it to reload or re-pump itself, providing the rigs hold up.

Oh and I found this: http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=851877

It's a "lego water gun"
Last edited by RacerSoaker445 on Tue May 29, 2007 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 29, 2007 11:18 pm

Another interesting find. Although I think it would be neater to do a larger version. The only real problem with this setup, at least in getting ranges appropriate for the scale, would be the flow restriction in the tiny tubes. Pressure wouldn't be too much of an issue.

The water gun at the Lego site seems to be a PR system...I think :rolleyes: . Interesting how they bothered to put a nozzle selector on it.

EDIT: JLSpaceMarine nailed it down :cool: . See the post below.
Last edited by Silence on Wed May 30, 2007 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Wed May 30, 2007 12:05 am

Actually this lego water gun seems to be just a BBT ww crossfire with decals and different colors. It is a piston system with 2 rotating nozzles just like the SS helix.

Isoaker's crossfire page:
http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/soaker_s ... wcrossfire
Armory: AS Hydroblitz (x2), MI FlashFlood, STE TripleShot, XP Backfire, XP 215, XP 105, XXP 175, Big Bottle BLaster(x2), SC Power Pak, SpeedLoader1000, SpeedLoader 1500, SpeedLoader Double-Cross 3000, CPS Splashzooka (x2), CPS 1200, CPS 1500,CPS 2100, CPS 2000 Mk2, CPS 1-3-5

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed May 30, 2007 7:38 pm

Neat!

My favourite thing to do with Lego Pneumatics was building small air engines (rather like a steam engine in operation principle)... They didn't run very fast or long on the small air volumes available, but they had a lot of torque compared to the regular motors.

I was a weird child... and now I'm a weird adult (by definition, rather than personal opinion of myself) - how could that have happened?
I don't think I'll ever grow up...
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Specter

Post by Specter » Wed May 30, 2007 11:55 pm

joannaardway wrote:Neat!

My favourite thing to do with Lego Pneumatics was building small air engines (rather like a steam engine in operation principle)... They didn't run very fast or long on the small air volumes available, but they had a lot of torque compared to the regular motors.

I was a weird child... and now I'm a weird adult (by definition, rather than personal opinion of myself) - how could that have happened?
I don't think I'll ever grow up...

its almost like that song... i cant think of the name of it but heres lyrics off the top of my head:

"That's just the way it is. Some things will never change."

haha. i just thought of that when i read your post for some reason.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october