Better LRT?

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:10 pm

Was looking for other companies that sell Latex Rubber Tubing today... started in Google and quickly found this: http://www.norcalfreedive.com/catalog/p ... cts_id=141

It's made for spearguns (whatever they are), and it's really thick for a single tube. 19mm is almost an inch, and 16mm isn't too bad either.

I'm not too sure about buying this stuff though, looks like you'll have to really jam that tubing barb in hard to get it in. I think it's worth a try though. I'll keep looking for better LRT. I'll post again if I find anything noteworthy.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:10 pm

Spearguns are used by divers to catch tropical fish. The rubber is really strong, and ussually solid all the way through (I watch my dad use spear guns when we dive in Mexico.)
I don't thinl this is what you are looking for.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:41 am

I wish I could find Latex Rubber Tubing in the UK. I suspect buying it from mcmaster.com would cost a lot to ship over to the UK.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:03 pm

I don't thinl this is what you are looking for.
It looks like it could work. There is holes in the picture.
I wish I could find Latex Rubber Tubing in the UK. I suspect buying it from mcmaster.com would cost a lot to ship over to the UK.
I'll tell you any UK manufacturers I find. I suspect there's at least one, LRT has medical uses and I'd suspect it's available everywhere where there is a high standard of living.