Splash Fire Problem

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
perilous1

Splash Fire Problem

Post by perilous1 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:49 am

The pump on my Splash Fire is giving me resistance that isn't from pressure.

evildoer

Post by evildoer » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:52 am

Uh...isn't it sorta un neccasary(sp?) to post the same topic twice? or is this differant than the other one somehow?

perilous1

Post by perilous1 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:02 am

Originally posted by evildoer@Apr 9 2005, 09:52 PM
Uh...isn't it sorta un neccasary(sp?) to post the same topic twice? or is this differant than the other one somehow?
[snapback]23680[/snapback]

The other one got screwed up by hunter

evildoer

Post by evildoer » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:03 am

I thought he answered your question on the other one?

perilous1

Post by perilous1 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:19 am

Originally posted by evildoer@Apr 9 2005, 10:03 PM
I thought he answered your question on the other one?
[snapback]23684[/snapback]

He gave me a bunch ao links that went to nowhere helpful

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:56 am

Please try to keep to one topic, and flaming other members is not a good way to get a problem solved.

Anyway, on topic, you should try lubricating the pump first, vaseline (petroleum jelly) is a good thing to do that with. If that doesn't work then you may need to take your gun apart to find out what the problem is.

BTW, Evildoer, there is a spell check function you can use.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:57 pm

evildoer is right, I did answer the question! :angry:

"Anyway I think you are trying to say your SS splashfire is hard to pump...my sister's vaporizer had that problem, open it up, and put some oil or some other lubricant on there. and also oil the pump track 'cause that can become stiff (it did on on or two of my guns)."

^ there :angry:

BTW I decided I'm not going ot leave...

perilous1

Post by perilous1 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:14 pm

Originally posted by hunter@Apr 10 2005, 07:57 AM
evildoer is right, I did answer the question! :angry:

"Anyway I think you are trying to say your SS splashfire is hard to pump...my sister's vaporizer had that problem, open it up, and put some oil or some other lubricant on there. and also oil the pump track 'cause that can become stiff (it did on on or two of my guns)."

^ there :angry:

BTW I decided I'm not going ot leave...
[snapback]23698[/snapback]

Thanks, but why didn't you say that the first time?

perilous1

Post by perilous1 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:37 pm

XPBackfire-esque! I have stripped the screws on the Spalsh Fire!

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:38 pm

I don't want to sound picky, but you should edit posts together, Don't do multiple posts in a row...

EDIT: and if you stripped the screws you should use the power drill to drill them out...
YAY! Power tools!

perilous1

Post by perilous1 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:18 pm

Originally posted by hunter@Apr 10 2005, 11:38 AM
I don't want to sound picky, but you should edit posts together, Don't do multiple posts in a row...

EDIT: and if you stripped the screws you should use the power drill to drill them out...
YAY! Power tools!
[snapback]23716[/snapback]

I can't do that, the screws are in delicate places.

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:25 pm

Please don't start a new topic, If something like links is messed up. It doesn't really matter, and confuses me when there are two topics the same.

back on topic: yeah, it probably just needs to be oiled. If you get it working post back. oh yeah, what's a splash fire?
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:47 pm

Hi perilous1, please give us more details as to what the problem actually may be. To do that, simply put your problem in the template as provided here.. Also please have 1 topic per repair/modification, this reduces on spam and is easier reading for other members. Also please do not double post as stated in the board guidelines.

Getting to from what you have told us, it sounds like there is something wrong with how the pump is going in/out. Remember that the SS Splashfire is a Piston Type water gun, pulling the pump forward brings water out of the resevoir, then pulling the pump back will shoot the water out of the firing chamber. If it is giving you too much resistance, you can try lubricating the area. if that doesn't help, you may need to open up your soaker. It could be that something inside is blocking the resevoir or firing chamber, but that is just a guess since I do not have enough information to work with.Make sure there is not a leak in any of the tubing, and close her back up. If you have stripped a screw or 2 thats ok, You cans imply duct tape or glue the case back together. Be warned though, gluing it back up will make it difficult to open again. I hope everything goes well.

-Jade

perilous1

Post by perilous1 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:01 am

Originally posted by Jadefalcon09@Apr 10 2005, 03:47 PM
Hi perilous1, please give us more details as to what the problem actually may be. To do that, simply put your problem in the template as provided here.. Also please have 1 topic per repair/modification, this reduces on spam and is easier reading for other members. Also please do not double post as stated in the board guidelines.

Getting to from what you have told us, it sounds like there is something wrong with how the pump is going in/out. Remember that the SS Splashfire is a Piston Type water gun, pulling the pump forward brings water out of the resevoir, then pulling the pump back will shoot the water out of the firing chamber. If it is giving you too much resistance, you can try lubricating the area. if that doesn't help, you may need to open up your soaker. It could be that something inside is blocking the resevoir or firing chamber, but that is just a guess since I do not have enough information to work with.Make sure there is not a leak in any of the tubing, and close her back up. If you have stripped a screw or 2 thats ok, You cans imply duct tape or glue the case back together. Be warned though, gluing it back up will make it difficult to open again. I hope everything goes well.

-Jade
[snapback]23727[/snapback]

Did you read post number eleven?

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:39 am

the screws on guns can't be in places where it goes through a pipe or something, so if you use just the right size drill bit and be VERY CAREFUL it should go fine...that's what I did on my MXL...