Regional War Change of Date

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.

Choose a new date for the Regional War:

Next Weekend in July
No votes
Last Weekend in July
22%
A day in the 1st week of August [Specify one]
22%
A day in the 2nd week of August [Specify one]
No votes
A day in the 3rd week of August [Specify one]
No votes
A day in the 4th week of August [Specify one]
No votes
A day in the last week of August [Specify one]
22%
Other
33%

Total votes: 9

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:08 pm

So far, July 30-31 is not looking good in terms of turnout. Therefore, use this opportunity to help choose a new date. I can't come on July weekdays, the 1st weekend in August, and late August is sketchy, so keep that in mind.

Please post the date that you would best like to have the war! The poll is only for general organization.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:53 pm

I think a weekend in August is good. Fights shouldn't be in the middle of the week.
Although it is peacful and a beautiful place being among the stars, there is danger lurking in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for

- Captain Ivan Reilly,
IGA Intrepid
During conclusion speeches of the Xidian Wars

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:24 pm

For me it has to be either really early august or really late august. The middle of the month I am gone for 2 weeks, maybe 3 I'm not entirely sure.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

hotshotwithcps4100

Post by hotshotwithcps4100 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:04 pm

I'm thinking on the last weekend of July.
Ultima Soak. Coming soon!

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:18 pm

Just a heads-up: the "next weekend in July" category is now void, seeing as this is that weekend! :P But I'll leave the option up there because I refuse in all situations to ever "edit poll data." I'm still watching this one closely, though, due to "some certain events" last year. Even a full year later, my sense of trust has not been recovered. :angry:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:53 am

If anyone does anything to tamper with any poll, I'll be the first one to let your know.

I've checked my calendar, and it actually appears that the original date would have been the only time I really am free, which is probably why my surgery is scheduled then. This deeply saddens me because I was looking forward to go, but there's always next year and I'll really try to fit my schedule around any date we set up months in advance.

What we really need is more interest and more people on these sites and forums as a whole, but there's not much we can do as far as that goes. :(

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:10 pm

Next year's war already looks brighter, as this year's is looking uncertain. I don't even know my own schedule! The original date is still a possibility, although turnout would not be good. It all comes down to interest, and this year has been slow throughout the community.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:43 pm

We should set a date now for next year and build up a large interest until then. We also should make a Regional War newsletter to keep interested people up to date and interested if they don't visit our forum for a while.

We must do our best at site promotion and promotion of the Regional Wars themselves. As some of you know, I'm working on that. ;)

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:24 pm

Currently there are 2 Regional War ideas in motion. A Northern one hosted by myself, Nibordude, Belisaurius, and Guderian. The Southern one is to be hosted by XP20 Warrior so far. It would be great if we all could work jointly on a newsletter promoting both events. Most likely though, the letter will have to start promoting 2006 versions of these wars, when turnout prospects will be better. What do you think?

PS: The West is still without a regional war. I know that several water warriors live on the West Coast. Feel free to jump in if you think there's some interest in your area!

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:18 pm

I tried to get a war going but only ten people showed up. Even worse was the fact that the most powerful gun that was there that wasn't mine was a max-d 6000. :(

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:12 am

Yeah we deffinately need to make a news letter for the next war. I'm gone for most of the month of August. I get back some time around the 25th.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:59 pm

Unfortunately it appears that the Northeast Regional War will not be possible in 2005. Therefore we will expend a lot more effort to ensure that this war will happen in 2006, and be successful. The newsletter will hopefully help keep the interest going through the fall and winter.