Broken Monster X

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Kendo

Broken Monster X

Post by Kendo » Tue May 08, 2007 3:20 pm

Hi,

as i already mentioned at http://forums.sscentral.org/t4308/ i'm searching for o-rings to repair my Monster X.

Could somebody with a Monster X unscrew the refill socket and make a picture of the o-ring used there? I tried several round ones, but none sealed it fully (and without a fully sealed refill socket you cant build up any pressure :( )

Thanks for your help!

Kendo

Post by Kendo » Wed May 09, 2007 9:12 pm

Nobody has a Monster X at home and is willing to help me?

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed May 09, 2007 9:58 pm

There aren't too many people on the forums, few have MXLs, and some might not even open up their soaker. 'Tis a shame. :)

How many different sizes of O-rings did you try? There is a set of common sizes, and they're simply referred to by "#_", and a number is in the blank on the box. If you tried, say, #10 and #15, it might be worth it to try the ones in between.

Or you could take precise measurements and order an O-ring from McMaster-Carr or ORingsUSA. They'll accept precise measurements. You can also try square O-rings for seals, if it's in a location where you press one piece onto the O-ring while filling. If a piece slides through the O-ring, you'll need a round one. For the round O-rings, make sure the O-ring is slightly oversized so that it can compress and hold a seal.