XXP 175 leaking

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Crashdummy

XXP 175 leaking

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:37 am

I have had my XXP 175 for a while now, but havn't been using it. The reason is, when I pump t it leaks slightly. I figured this out when I was using it. The leak seems to be coming from the right side of the soaker, possible where the connection from the pr to the internals is. Anyone know where I should look? I'm probably just going to end up taking off the body, wetting the gun, and looking for bubbles, but I don't want to have to take apart the gun.

EDIT: Okay, I found the screw that kept me from opening the gun, and I found where the leak was coming from. It is coming from the pressure gauge somewhere. Anyone know how I should fix it? It leaks pretty fast, so I can't just leave it the way it is. :(
Last edited by Crashdummy on Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:46 am

You might be able to simply epoxy the leak spot. If it's in the tube leading to the pressure gauge, then you could cut the tube and clamp it around something.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:02 am

Turns out the pressure gauge is un the internals, like a pump is in a pump shaft (with an o-ring keeping it all sealed).The gauge doesn't work, so I pulled it out, and plugged up the hole with a rubber cork. I pushed the cork way in, and pressurized the gun to the max, and no leaks. It is fixed! Hooray for me. :D Thanks for the suggestion though. Now all I have to do is screw the rest of the screws back in and fill it with water (I used air to test it). If it works (almost 100% sure it will), then it's all good. If not, well, since the gauge is taken out, I can still plug up the hole again as removing the gauge left a hole I can easily work through while not having to take apart the soaker again. This gun is the hardest to put back together and take apart, so thank god the gauge problem is an easy fix.\\

EDIT: It is fixed and fires two rather impressive air pressure streams. :D I never got to fully pressurize it before because of the leaks, and it feels slightly better now. Quite a bit more range, and that is with me shooting out in the pouring rain in basketball shorts and a white tee. :p
Last edited by Crashdummy on Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.