About PMs

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:22 am

For a reason undisclosed to me, I can't PM. This is mostly at the moderators: Why?
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:24 pm

I can't GET to my PM's either.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:21 pm

Thats weird, mine is working perfectly. Maybe its something with the message boards?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:01 pm

Apparently Neo made one of my ideas reality. There are 3 different member type groups now. There are differences with the PM ability.

Members - No PM
MembersPlus - PM
SuperMembers - Twice as many PMs as normal

You have to earn the right to PM now. I'll upgrade a few people now who I believe deserve it.

If everyone has a problem with this, then just use the email system or ask and maybe I'll change it back.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:18 pm

Thanks Doom.
I don't check this forum anymore.

soakerfool

Post by soakerfool » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:24 pm

But doom now all messages including the ones that do not relate to other than the moderators well be posted on the forums for everyone

For instance this entire topic
This is mostly at the moderators
And doom what about us that come every day but only post when they feel they need to, although don't have as much knowlege as others in super soakers

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:44 pm

I award that based on post quality, not quantity. Notice how all of the SuperMembers except for one have less than 200 posts. If you post good enough, you'll get upgraded.

Also, no one is stopping you from emailing another member. WWN has had a system like this for a while. It works out find over there, there is not reason it shouldn't here.

blaze

Post by blaze » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:59 pm

I would PM this to someone, but the reason I made this is that I cannot PM, and I cannot access my PM menu. It is fine if the staff deletes this topic/post and takes one count off my posts, but I just want this problem to be fixed, and this was my only way of notifying you. I IMed Hyper about it, but so far he hasnt done anything about it. Please help.

EDIT--Nevermind I read the off topic forum's topic about this.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:04 pm

That topic actually I think should be in here. I'm merging the topics.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:40 am

Bring back the PM. Mostly for stuff like this that I would normaly put in a PM:
For members, It says I'm erstricted. What does that mean? Do I have any privalidges(sp?) removed?
BlueSoak.net

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:42 am

No, I don't think Doom should bring PMing back to the "members" because they could use the PM system to spam. I believe it was a smart decision.

EDIT: Grammer and changed 1 word
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:43 am

I was going to edit my previous post for spelling, but now I have no ability to edit. Whats wrong with this site! It was so good until you add all these complicated rules, and super member stuff. So much for the good wholesome super soaker forum.
BlueSoak.net

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:01 am

The old system wasnt working because the rules were too vague. Now that there is a definate set of rules, people should be better able to follow them. If the rules were rolled back there would be chaos and everyone would leave except the newbies. Spam would be everywhere, posts would be 1-liners, there would be threats, no grammar, no intelligent discussion. Things are better now [although I agree everyone should at least have the ability to edit their posts.]
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:48 am

Originally posted by BlueSmudge@Jun 3 2004, 07:43 PM
I was going to edit my previous post for spelling, but now I have no ability to edit. Whats wrong with this site! It was so good until you add all these complicated rules, and super member stuff. So much for the good wholesome super soaker forum.
we added all these "complicated rules" because of people like you. restricted access removes your ability to edit your own posts and start new topics.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

blaze

Post by blaze » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:06 pm

I would have to agree with bluesmudge. I liked this site a lot better before I got kicked off last summer. All these new rules and people without PMs just complicates things. I think that everyone should be equal and follow one rule: No swearing/inappropriate content in posts. It shouldnt have to get much more complicated than that.