Hey Everyone

General water gun discussion.
AquaTech

Post by AquaTech » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:29 pm

hey guys,

been awhile since ive been on these forums, just wondering how everyone is doing

my senior year was a XPBackfire-esque load of work so I havnt been that active in soakers in the past 4-5 months

I plan on starting up again once summer starts so if u have any ideas or suggestions let me know before I start buying materials again for my next gen wbl's.

AquaTech

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:45 pm

Hey, Welcome back, I don't think I know you

I'm RacerSoaker, but you can call me Racer. ;) Over the past few months, there was an infusion of inexperienced users (including me), and now there are very scrict rules.

I once thought of a water-propeled wbl, but I never got to work on it.
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:15 pm

The rules aren't strict, they are the basic rules of nettiquete, which seems to be too much for some to handle.

People always have told me that the WBLs pop most of the time when used, even with the cups and stuff. I don't know what you could do to fix that other than the cups, but try to improve on that I guess.

Just a question, have you ever built an actual homemade that isn't a WBL?

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:06 pm

I ment that the rules were more strict than they were. Sorry.

By The Way, look at your post count number Doom!

AquaTech

Post by AquaTech » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:43 pm

mm I see

hey if any of the veterans are still active out there drop me a line

in the meantime ill try and figure out what happened in the two years I was gone, heh

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:46 pm

A lot of them actually aren't around anymore. XN posted here a few months ago, then disappeared. There's a few with very sporatic posting habits at WWN, namely Budgie, MaxStar and SSP. Most people are newer than that there. I dunno, the veterans just disappeared really. It's kinda weird that I'm one of the older members now, I only joined in like 2 years ago.

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:00 pm

I haven't seen Sapper or heard about what's up with the Spartan Federation since the end of one of the later generation Aquaticas. Hydrowar just started to relaunch, and GnG's been down since the crisis on Aquatica IB. a lot of sites are old, or don't have much content. a lot of the people I remember from Aquatica IB seem to have stopped using the internet. For instance, tr007.... and Mafo0, I don't know if he's still around or not. Soakologist is registered here, but he doesn't seem to post. Budgie hasn't been on AIM for a while, and he became much less involved after the whole Aquatica mess, particularly when they had those political crisis over communism and stuff like that. Soem of the contact infoormation for the older guys might be on the aquatica boards from later: http://aquatica.myikonboard.com/viewboard.php

WWN and SSC are by far the two nexus communities, and Isoaker.com is the biggest site. Some of the new webrings are bringing the soakage network together, but by and large there are a lot of unconnected sites with good data. I'm glad to say that Hydrowar's old information can still be accessed through the tactics page, even though it's still not linked to the homepage.
Victory to Unit 1!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:07 pm

I haven't seen Sapper or heard about what's up with the Spartan Federation since the end of one of the later generation Aquaticas.
I actually have emailed him a few months ago. His personal site is very nice. His email is on the site. Btw, SSCentral has all of his articles (of course with his permission), but only the ones the Internet Archive had.

Also, GnG isn't down, just incomplete in it's current form. XN said he would try to finish it, and I'm yet to see any changes since then. I've got an archive of the old GnG on our site for those who want to see it. I hope XN finishes GnG, it is one of my favorite sites.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:36 pm

Hi there! I must say, I came across your site some time ago, and I'm impressed by the whole air pressure WBL idea, and the sniping strategies to go with it. I've been recommending your idea to a lot of people, it sounds much better in compactness than slingshots. I might need your help sometime in making one, so stick around! :Hey, that's funny.:
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

AquaTech

Post by AquaTech » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:24 am

interesting

Hey, that's funny. so I guess no niagra 2004

would have been cool tho

I prob won't be super active like I used to be until I start college in the fall, but ill just take this chance to tell u guys that this community is what u make of it, so keep on soakin. some of the coolest people ive met online came from the forums of the super soaker community

mm I guess this a thanks for everything (even tho the people im thanking arnt here anymore Hey, that's funny.)

have fun guys

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:03 am

Yeah, that Niagra idea was really unrealistic. I was hoping on making a regional battle in Maryland or Virginia due to the large number of people who live there, but I never got very far in organising it.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:58 pm

I was hoping on making a regional battle in Maryland or Virginia due to the large number of people who live there, but I never got very far in organising it.
Maryland might actually work for me since I'm in Massachusetts, but my parents would NEVER letr me go to it ;)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:23 pm

Uhh, Massachusetts is at least 500 miles from Maryland. I don't think that's close, it's not the the region.

If you guys would like to organize a battle, post it in Wars. I'd love to see a larger and organized battle.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:27 pm

The member from Whitby, Ontario hasn't been active on this site lately. I was wondering if I could have a big war with him.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups