CPS1500 Repair

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:30 pm

OK, so my mate has lent me a CPS1500 with a snapped pump piston for me to try and fix. I have an idea of what to do, I'm going to try the homemade pump on SoakThis, but I need to open up the soaker first, because although he lost most of the piston when it snapped (it snapped cleanly, the front 80% or so is what he's lost) some of it it still in there. I can't get it out from the front, because it's designed so that I can't, so I need to take the body off of the soaker to get to the back of the pump shaft (will this work? I might not be able to get to it anyway...)

Anyhow, I need to take the soaker apart to fix it. But the nozzle selector is stopping me getting it open. I can't just lever the front section off because of the selector bit sticking up which might snap if I try. I know people have modded 1500s before, so I know it's possible, but I don't know how to do it. Any ideas?
(It's the version with the pump shaft cap that can be screwed off)
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:01 pm

I've never opened a CPS 1500, but others have, I do know that somebody here knows how to do it. Try a search, I know it was posted before.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:08 pm

You Don't need to open the soaker! MMAAHHAHAHAHAH!
Good place to be looking. Stay at soakthis, and look for the pump reinforcment article. You should have done it before (its your friends soaker, so its not your fault).
Do the same thing in the article, but you will need to put epoxy putty on on inside side of the piston, so that when you connect the two halfes, they start to glue. Then do the article. The reinforcment will be a support for the glue so it is not the only thing holding it together. If you Don't have epoxy putty, the next best thing is plastic welder. Then regular epoxy. Putty (also known as plumbers epoxy) works best because it is like clay so clamps arnt required as much.
Hope this helps :)

P.S. make sure you glue the piston from the inside, not the outside. Otherwise the piston won't be able to slide easily in the pump shaft.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:18 pm

Read my whole post. I don't have the piston, and I think some of it's stuck in the shaft. So I need to take the soaker apart to get it out. But one of the screws is too deep for any screwdriver I have, so sXPBackfire-esque that idea and hope I don't need to get a bit out of the shaft. Might make the custom pump handle on soakthis, or RacerSoaker's one here. Or I'll work out my own design. Or I'll just give it back to him and carry on taking bits out of this XPBackfire-esquepy cheap PR I've got to make a homemade.

On Soakers.5gigs the picture shows a CPS1700 with the selector removed, so I know it can be done.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)