Larami Uzi Pistols. Worth?

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
Ferdman

Larami Uzi Pistols. Worth?

Post by Ferdman » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:51 pm

I have these old Larami Uzi motorized water pistols from the 80s. I just pulled them out of storage which they've been sitting in since then. I haven't put in any batteries to see if they still function, but I don't see why not since they've been stored dry and nothing inside looks corroded. They worked when I last had them. The only problem I see is that one of the "ears" on the front sight of one of them has broken off. I'm going to see if I can find it to glue it back on. They have detachable magazines where the water goes in. They won't be good to bring to a water fight, but I'd say they're rare items now.

Back then, there were no rules about putting orange painted muzzles like today. I can post pics if anyone is curious. The question is, what are they worth? I have two of them.

Thanks in advance.

Silence

Re: Larami Uzi Pistols. Worth?

Post by Silence » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:31 pm

I don't see any of the old motorized water guns on the prices page, so I'd recommend you look at sales on eBay to see what things are like.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:44 pm

Do you have one of these Larami Uzi's or the other one? In terms of worth, it really depends on who is buying and how you "market" the item. Sadly, water blasters generally don't gain much in perceived value unless it is a particularly exceptional item. From a collector's point-of-view, they may be worth a little more, but it's hard to put a price on 'em. Really depends on their condition (functional or not, with or without packaging, other damage, etc.) and others' perceived value. My guestimate for a working, but definitely used Larami Uzi should sell for at least $40-$50 USD, but more if the original packaging is also available.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

Ferdman

Post by Ferdman » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:18 pm

Your link shows the full size Uzi which I did have, but no longer. I do have the pistol version. I did check eBay for completed sales to do my market research, but none showed up. It's not like I'm trying to make a killing off of these, just wanting to make space and get an idea of their worth.
Thanks.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:31 pm

Moving thread to Marketplace forum... ;)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Finnster

Post by Finnster » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:03 am

I saw one on eBay for $30(.50) plus like, $10 shipping. I'd deffinitely (spelling?) pay $30 and no more (I really want one, but I'm not made of money), but as iSoaker said, $40-$50 USD sounds right, that's probably NIB.

Finn