Small Errors

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sun May 15, 2005 12:13 am

I'm not sure if this is with everyone but I can't see the admin icons. They just aren't there. I guess people can post other small errors they find about the site here also.
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 15, 2005 12:08 pm

Hmm... that's odd because I can see them perfectly fine. Try reloading the page to make sure all elements are downloaded or right click on where the image should be and "View this image" to try to reload the problem image.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sun May 15, 2005 1:26 pm

Originally posted by Doom@May 15 2005, 08:08 AM

Hmm... that's odd because I can see them perfectly fine. Try reloading the page to make sure all elements are downloaded or right click on where the image should be and "View this image" to try to reload the problem image.
[snapback]24690[/snapback]

It's strange because there is just a space where it should be. I can't even highlight it. Its been this way for awhile.
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun May 15, 2005 1:56 pm

That's very odd, since I can see them fine. What browser are you using?
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sun May 15, 2005 3:39 pm

I'm using FireFox. I tryed using explorer and I still can't see them. It's no big deal anyway...
Although, I can see the moderator icon and the banned icon.

JonsterM

Post by JonsterM » Sun May 15, 2005 4:15 pm

What skin is this on? That might have something to do with it.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sun May 15, 2005 4:25 pm

I tried all of them. Still no success.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 15, 2005 4:57 pm

http://forums.sscentral.org/admin.gif

Open the link above. Hopefully directly loading the image will cache it at least temporarily.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sun May 15, 2005 5:00 pm

:Hey, that's funny.: I've already tried that! I can see the image on that link. My computer is weird anyway.

death angel

Post by death angel » Sun May 15, 2005 9:33 pm

I use FireFox (swells of pride) and I can see the admin icons. The only problem with the site is that no one has fixed where it says 259 people were on February 25. Can be misleading, but no biggie.
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

JonsterM

Post by JonsterM » Sun May 15, 2005 10:38 pm

This is indeed a very weird problem. With my experiences with IPB and hosting in general it sounds to me like it might be something to do with your ISP which isnt allowing the image to be displayed, but thinking about it that is really far fetched, I can't see a reason why the icon wouldnt show up. Would you be able to do this for me.

Go to View>Source, then press Ctrl + F and type in "SSCentral webmaster", it should highlight where Doom has posted. Then can you get a screenshot of that for me to have a look at, I don't understand why it isnt displaying the image.

Excuse the fact that I'm using a Mac, but the screenshot I would be interested in seeing should look something like the attatched image. Obviously if you don't know any HTML or PHP it will just mean nothing to you, but for someone who knows a bit about web coding then it may help us solve your problem.

Hope we can get this sorted soon, it may be a small error but as a community I feel that Doom and the rest of the team would want the board to be as trouble free as they can get it.

Jon.

EDIT: Just to make sure, are you using the latest version of FireFox, v1.0.3? If you are running a previous version, even maybe a 0.9 version then the browsers rendering engine may have had some parsing errors where it doesn't read XHTML in the correct manner, or something similar to that. As an Apple Safari user I don't know if this is the case, but it would probably help if you were to download the latest version of FireFox from here, then report back and tell us if that has made any difference.
Attachments
Picture_1.jpg
Picture_1.jpg (56.84 KiB) Viewed 2841 times

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Thu May 19, 2005 11:44 pm

This is just a small error I found (Unrelated to our previous conversation). When you are in the gallery and you are looking at any of the battle photo albums, when you click the "Back to Battles" link it redirects you to it's former location on sscentral.net which is consequently nothing.

Edit: I just found out that this is the same with all the "Back to" links in the gallery.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sat May 21, 2005 1:19 am

(Double Post with Time Delay)
There is another error in the main site where in certain places when you click the "send a submission link" it puts in submissions[at]sscentral.net to what you are sending to instead of ".org". This is another error that has to do with the old domain name...

EDIT:300th post

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 21, 2005 10:40 am

I was working on the gallery fixes because Hunter had told me about them a few weeks ago. I haven't had the time to fix them all because it's a lot of files to edit, even if all I do is a search-replace.

Please post the location of the email address problems. I can not go through and find it at the moment because of time constraints.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sat May 21, 2005 12:16 pm

Submission Error Locations:
http://www.sscentral.org/gallery/internals/
http://www.sscentral.org/gallery/movies/
http://www.sscentral.org/gallery/battles/

EDIT: I can finally see the admin icons again! ^_^ Actually only Doom's one...
EDIT2:It just disappeared again. It keeps going away and coming back. Oh well...