2100 repair. Help!

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:27 pm

I just 75 balloon K-modded my 2100 Mk3. It was working well, when I decided to see how many pumps I could get in. Around 12 pumps water suddenly came shooting out of the nozzle. Afterwards came the all time problem of water squirting out with every pump. After taking the gun apart I found that the trigger valve wasnt closed all the way. However, no matter how hard I pushed the pin in, I couldnt get the trigger valve more than half closed. I know I could bypass this and replace it with a ball valve, but does anyone know how I can fix this and keep my trigger?
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:23 pm

Well, you could do my insane Internal Trigger Spring Repair fix, this involves opening the valve, taking out the stock spring inside it, buying a new spring (I got mine from Ace Hardware), installing that one and closing it all back together. Very hard but worth it.

Also, I crafted a new trigger puller thing out of a steel hinge.
I don't check this forum anymore.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:18 am

Take a rubber band, the smaller the better, and stretch it from the back of the pin thing to the inner edge of the nozzle. Works every time, there is a pic here:
Rubber band method repair The pic uses a 27K but you can do the same thing to a 21K.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:05 am

Dux, I Don't know if you heard me, but I can't get the valve closed. I Don't know whats wrong but the pin won't go in. I Don't think a new spring would help me either. Maybe from the inside I could see whats wrong, but it look slike im going the ball valve method.
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:19 am

Do what Duxburian posted. At least try it. If your valve isn't closing that's the thing to do. I have a write-up of the picture he has on SSCentral, but the picture shows more (it's worth 1000 words after all).

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:52 pm

It won't close though! Not just after I fire, but even when I try to push it in. The rubber band doesn't have nearly enough force. I think im going to rig up my 1200 trigger valve that I took off my "beast". That should work.
BlueSoak.net