Statement to the Press

Discussion of other water gun websites.
Veteran

Post by Veteran » Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:54 pm

Adrian at ISCF:
I would like to confirm here the creation of the new board Aquatica II.  We will be opening the forums for discussion on September 22, 2004 to coincide with the fifth anniversary of Aquatica.

Make no mistake, this is NOT the old Aquatica.  That Aquatica is dead, existing only in archival mode for information purposes.  The skeletons that were in the Aquatica closet have been securely boarded in.  They won't be getting back out.  That Aquatica is dead.

This new board will still bear the title Aquatica:Spirit Of The Super Soaker, because it still has that spirit.  We are dedicated to giving the water-warfare community a clean, informative, and above all, fun place to discuss all aspects of this sport/past-time/hobby.  In that instance, nothing has changed.  In my opinion, every board since Aquatica has been deserving of the title "Spirit Of The Super Soaker."  We have not decided to take on the name Aquatica in some misguided quest for former glory, or for administrative power.  We firmly believe we can contribute to this community in a positive fashion, and we will try our utmost to do so.  We do not intend to compete with any other existing forums for members or a sense of prestige.  That would be detrimental to all forums as well as our own.  The administrative staff are all members of other boards, and we expect our members to be so as well.  We have no interest in carving out territory, but in succeeding along with the other forums in this community.  This truly is an experiment.  If it succeeds in advancing the water-warfare community and thrives, we will have acomplished what we set out to do.  If it does not thrive, we will still have tried our best, and in that sense, I believe we will have been successful.

On September 22, my digital self, along with several others, will walk into Aquatica II and roll up the curtains and hang the NOW OPEN sign in the window.  Won't you join me?

Please join Adrian and I in this new contribution to soakerdom!

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:50 pm

Gladly! I will assist in any way possible.
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:06 pm

If you need a graphics designer you know who to call...
I don't check this forum anymore.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:27 pm

Yup, I'll call Doom.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:42 pm

Whoa, I never knew I was that good at graphics... then again, I did make all of the SSC top logo banner thing except for the text, because I suck at text. And I'm reading the GIMP reference book, so maybe I'm not too bad.
We have not decided to take on the name Aquatica in some misguided quest for former glory, or for administrative power.
I really would like to know why you choose that name actually. Was it because Cloud still had the hosting? No offense, but if you didn't do it for any of those reasons, why did you do it?

The only reason IMO that SSCentral's forums ever got popular was because of the site. You better be getting support from at least one popular site if you expect it to be popular. I personally will only support the SSCentral forums fully, so your out of luck with me. Don't just try to be a leech from the other forums, it never works that way.

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:25 pm

Doom:We decided to stay with Aquatica because 1.Cloud owned the Aquatica forums and 2.We're still the "Spirit Of The Super Soaker." I think that "Aquatica" still has a lot to offer the community.

We're going to be adding a whole bunch of information to the site. I'm doing a whole load of personalized reviews (not just stats and pros/cons, but info that I think people would want to know about handling and stuff) to post when it opens. I hope that draws people. I'd like to do a training section too.

Adrian

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:15 pm

Awesome, I'm looking forward to it. Remember, if you need any help I'll be happy to lend a hand.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:45 pm

NOT MY CLUB.
I'm NOT in this one as an Admin. I MIGHT post if I think it's worthwhile. Otherwise, I am JUST a host. My support is behind SSC and iScF.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:48 am

Just like Doom, I'll also be happy to lend a hand.
I don't check this forum anymore.

RecklessAssault

Post by RecklessAssault » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:38 am

I wish you guys luck with AII, it's going to be tough to compete with SSC and iSc, but if you do, I congratulate you. I like your design for the forum's main page, kudos to you guys for that design. If I like what I see there as a whole, I'll certainly hop on board.

Aaron
<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='color:red'>I bought a box of lady fingers at the local bakery this morning, but when I got home I noticed that one of 'em was missing. I decided to take the box back to the bakery and show the manager. He gave me the finger. (adapted from a joke by Jay London)

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:13 pm

Some stuff has happened since I last posted about AQT2. M4 kinda... crashed the party...I still don't know what's up with that. Anyway, I think we're still going to go through with it. Whether it'll be exactly what we were planning before, I don't know.

Adrian

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:50 am

We never saw any of this attention when soakthis went up. Even though we have one rather large tech section and vids. Not to mention Storms upcoming movie: "The Grunt"
Hope that brings in the new visitors to our forums and site.

Good Luck by the way! :D
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

ZookaForPrez

Post by ZookaForPrez » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:27 pm

Hahaha, I'm in that movie. Yeah I'm his cousin so I'm the commander of the opposite team.

About the site, good luck guys, hope it gets a lot of attention. I'd be happy to help (even though I can't really do much.)
Arsenal:

SplashZooka 65 oz.
CPS 4100
CPS 1200 (soon to get)
Max-D 6000
:D

Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:53 pm

Sorry but I cannot support yall on this one, Unlike most of the members here I was there when aquatica was around they have nothing to remember, if this club isn't aquatica then don't attempt to use the name. IMHO your going to RUIN the name, Aquatica has been remembered as the greatest watergun community ever, if yall do this you risk it all people might remember it as a failure.And in no way can I support anyone who is willing to take this risk...