Old Aquatica Site

Discussion of other water gun websites.
Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:52 pm

Some veterans will have seen this before, others may or may not have seen this. Here's an old Aquatica site:

Aquatica: Spirit of the Super Soaker

It feels slightly weird to look at sites like that. Makes one wonder what has been lost and gained since then. Ahh...*looks wistfully into middle distance*
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:57 pm

Heh, I remember when they were making that site!

There also is the earlier Aquatica site, during iSoaker's term as owner. This particular version was what I saw when I first joined Aquatica.

I still find the oldest Yahoo group to be the best source of information. As usual, I have a complete archive of the Yahoo Aquatica just in case anything happens.

(You can make a similar archive by using this URL to save mass quantities of posts.) ;)

DX

Post by DX » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:48 pm

You can make a similar archive by using this URL to save mass quantities of posts.)
I'm not a member of that group, so I can't see it. Could you post that link in a publically viewable page?
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:02 am

No I couldn't. I had no idea that membership was required (been a member for a few years). Just join that group and you'll be able to see all you need.

Most of Aquatica is your normal rather boring discussion, however, some of it is very interesting! Just do a search for something and you're bound to find something interesting. Most information is outdated (as expected), especially regarding all things water gun technology.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:19 am

Evidently it is no longer possible to join that group. I do have a Yahoo ID, but that didn't help, as the Aquatica group page has no "join this group" button and/or links.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:58 am

That is very odd. I suppose the only thing you could do until I find my copies of all the posts is to ask iSoaker to make it joinable once again. Not that my copies are in a very readable format -- only easy to save.