Prowling

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
ZeeWulf

Prowling

Post by ZeeWulf » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:46 pm

After spending many hours perusing the great 'net in search of a water cannon with which I could exact my vengance, I came across this little gem of a forum. It seems that the recent years decline is making it definately harder to find quality water-armaments, so I thought it rather prudent that I come here to see if anyone could assist me in my search.

Soooo, hello, and good hunting!

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:55 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central! :)

We'd be glad to help you build a powerful water gun. Do you have anything specific in mind? An APH, a CPH, a water cannon like SuperCannon II? (Check the link in my signature if you haven't become acquainted with the acronyms yet. :cool :)

See you around the forums!

ZeeWulf

Post by ZeeWulf » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:52 pm

Thank you!

Well, right now, I'm not 100% certain in the system I need. Unfortuantely, I'm VERY limited by materials at the moment. (and for the next 12 months, inside of which I need to get this thing operational.) I've got air compressors galore, but a severe lack of PVC, so, right now, the best method I can think of is to find one currently built, while figuring out how to later modify an aircraft wash cart lying around to fire a stream that won't disperse after a few feet...and won't slice skin, either, once modified. (and can be returned to normal use easily!)

Okay, I'll grant my thoughts aren't quite as coherent as I'd initally thought. I'll try to be concise right here: I'm attempting to find something that'll put out a good volume of water, is portable to some extent, and is very simple on either materals, or can be readily purchased.

Now THAT works!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:00 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central!

Where do you live and what do you have access to? From what I can tell, you must be in a fairly remote area without access to many things. I had previously helped someone in a South American country (don't remember which specific one) build a water gun from PVC or some other pipe because they didn't have any toy stores or any other materials. While PVC might not always be an option, other things could be. Tell us about any tanks you might have or anything similar. Can you order a few things through catalogs or over the internet? Stuff like that.

SilentGuy, he didn't ask for building help, so don't assume unless he says so. ;)

ZeeWulf

Post by ZeeWulf » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:48 am

I'm currently at Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan....thusly the lack of materials! Of course, as well as air compressors, I have access to 4000 PSI lightweight portable nitrogen man-packs, an airframe shop, and a few other wonderful goodies out here. There's so many possibilities, from modding an existing water-weapon to using what equipment I have to build something spectacular, that I'm not quite sure what to do.
Thank goodness for the internet, though. I can order a fair amount of stuff and most places ship APO these days.