Don't Quit Now

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
DX

Post by DX » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:39 am

Waterbridge has shut down operations for the season, as have many other groups. The CFM now has to battle amoungst ourselves, as there is no one to fight. It's not that cold yet, so why is everyone quiting now? Come on! The season's not over yet! Soak on!
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:59 am

Technically it is. But you can still have soaker fights. My friends and I just wear raincoats, play with low output weapons, and play 1HK matches. Its still fun.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:56 am

News Flash: Fall started nine days ago.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:07 am

A couple years ago in december we had 70 degree weather. I don't care what "season" it is. If its warm, why not battle? Does everyone strictly say, "no more water battles," after summer ends?

Edit:Grammar

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:58 am

I see no reason to quit. The only reason I don't go outside to play with my soakers every day is that I am fixing them but I still find time for them. I don't care if I can see my breath, I will still come home drenched. It's too bad everyone I know doesn't think the same, shooting cars and trees isn't nearly as fun as shooting friends and neighbors.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:41 pm

It's too late, most everyone is gone already. From time to time I'll make mass emails to all the membership telling them that we're still here. But other than that the off-season is upon us.

It is during this time that the webmasters of site typically make big updates. There's various reasons to that, one being because they get a lot of time back from water warfare, and another being that it might attract some visitors during the winter.

Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:07 am

I guess during winter everyone that soaked in summer uses nerf guns right?
"Rejoice not over me my enemy, for when I fall, I shall in turn arise." Micah 7:8

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:12 am

This is true Sonic, I guess I now need to make a nerf homemade. :D

This is the best time to make tech improvments, currently, I am now modding my WBL so it shoots snowballs.
I don't check this forum anymore.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:25 am

I was thinking about that. It wouldnt need any modification as I see it.

Unfortunatel, where I live we Don't get many snow days.
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:55 pm

Originally posted by Super Sonic@Oct 2 2004, 09:07 PM
I guess during winter everyone that soaked in summer uses nerf guns right?
No, in fact few people actually do Nerf in the winter who use water guns in the summer. Most just relax in the winter I think.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:10 am

Personnally, I calm down. But still think about soakers often. Nerf just doesn't cut it. Plus I hate buying/making my ammo.
BlueSoak.net

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:27 pm

I'm not going to quit, I'll just lie in wait for a water battle and sneak attack it.

P.S., Is it possible to mod an N-strike to launch a snowball? And what is a Stefan dart?

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:19 am

Nerf N strike is not powerful enough to launch a snowball. At least, not at any greater range than your hand can acheive, unless you are a child with ingrown arms, and malnutrition. Meh, could be. One can never know ;) .
A think a Stefan Dart is a homemade dart. Nerfers use custom copper, or PVC barrels to shoot the special sized foam. They use some sort of coiled roofing stuff, cut it, straighten it, then weight the front with ball bearings and glue. Thats really all I know.
BlueSoak.net

DX

Post by DX » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:46 am

The members of the CFM may have a final battle this season at Shelter Island, NY. There is a large bamboo forest there, and that might be the battlefield. I've wanted to fight at S.I. for some time, there's several places there that would be awesome to fight in. All this is assuming that the weather holds above 50 degrees next weekend. Really, the time of season should not affect battles, as I've seen 80 degree weather in December. I also want to have a battle when there's a snowpack, so we can construct walls and defenses, but I'm not sure that anyone else would want to fight! B) For the CFM at least, the season still ain't over. Soak On!
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:45 am

80's? No no no. 70's. Its never reached 80 here during december. And yes it would be fun to fight at Shelter island. I say we fight near the beach. Or around the bay area.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci