Hi everyone!

Threads about water gun modifications.
oldschoolsoaker

Hi everyone!

Post by oldschoolsoaker » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:35 pm

Hello all,

I just found this website and forums after a long water gun fight today. My gun of choice? Super Soaker 60. Yes, you read that right. Very old and very weak compared to the guns you guys use, but good enough for me. Anyway, i figured i might as well join, because this looks to be a great community...and i mean it's about WATER GUNS! What could be better? (I found the site through wikipedia)

But really i just wanted to kinda introduce myself to the community. I also wanted to ask, if after reading the k-mod thingy (this whole idea of actually modding/making guns is new to me), i should go ahead and try and mod my brothers CPS 1000. He doesn't really care as he hasn't used it in years. Should i try it with other guns first? I'm thinking i should, as apparently the gun is not exactly in production any more and a screw up would definatly suck.

Hopefully this is the start of a long and great time at this site...

Thanks,
Oldschooler

edit: P.S. I just read the thing about the 60 on the review section. I could possibly take some pics and write my own little review :)
Last edited by oldschoolsoaker on Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:14 am

Welcome to Super Soaker Central oldschoolsoaker!

There are loads of people here who still enjoy or even prefer the older original series Super Soakers, so even with a little more unusual preference of the Super Soaker 60, I think you should feel right at home. I myself really liked the old styling and the old goals of the original series - power and style!

From what I know, K-modding the Super Soaker CPS 1000 is relatively straightforward. You shouldn't worry too much about potential damage unless you intend to do a relatively extreme modification. Try adding 30 balloons for a light K-mod to see if you like the power-up involved. If that is plenty, you might want to keep the water gun as it is. If you want more power, freezing the check valve and adding more balloons will give you more power, but also increase the chances of a break if you are not careful (needless to say, after freezing the check valve you should always be wary of overpumping).

Let me know if you do write a review so I can add it to our website too. ;)

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:14 pm

You can use all the tips that Ben suggested, but I have an important question...why don't you use your brother's CPS 1000? If you're interested in K-modding, then you're probably interested in the power of an unmodded CPS anyway...

Either way, it's good to hear of people like me who can have soaker battles without blasting each other with hoses and 15X nozzles :) .

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:02 pm

I have no problem with using no better than 2 or 3x for an entire battle - however, high outputs can really be worth it.

It's very hard to do a K-mod wrong, so don't worry - with care opening it there will be no irreversable problem.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:27 pm

You should really think about performing the K-mod, but make sure you do a check valve freeze first. After this, however, even if you haven't done the K-mod, make sure you don't overpump the gun--but you probably knew that anyway.