Just Bought my AquaPak Dev.

General water gun discussion.
Elliott

Post by Elliott » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:21 am

I ripped open the packaging to find the usually plastic packed soaker tags and a lovely Dev. Sitting directly on top of the AquaPak. I only just tested it, I kept pumping until my whole supply of water ran out. I got 2 minutes solid before I checked to see if it had run out (there was still some left.)

My overall impressions weren't bad, I'll review it soon...

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:51 am

Nice one. I am looking forward to the review as I am consdering getting an Aquapack Devestator. Also how big is the gun and the nozzle? From all the pictures I have seen of it the nozzle size is unknown and the gun size seems to have mixed opinions. Did you get it from Index, Argos .etc.

Elliott

Post by Elliott » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:29 pm

The only gun I can think to compare the size to is the CPS 1000. It doesn't look like the CPS just the same weight/size. If you can holster a 1000 you should easily manage this. Needless to say I've never met anyone that can't actually use the 1000 because of its weight!

The 'AquaPak' is surprising nice fit, its actually made of some soft material, at last, thanks Hasbro. The small red ball in the shoulder-pack meter tells you how much water is left in the pack. Appearently this stops working after a while, but its a nice thought and I'm sure its a pretty good feature for the first 3/6/12 months the meter actually works. Mine still works so its all good for me. It outstriped my friend's Storm Thunder Force 6 which cost 30 pound. Range I would have to say is about 37' if really under pressure. I can't really comment on what the original nozzle was like, I used it once (I was surprised by the thickness of the beam actually) and then drilled it. It now delivers quite a payload with a moderately good range and a decent capacity.

Thats just like an overview of the gun. I'll write a full review and stuff later. I'd give it 8/10, pretty thick beam and fair range. All I will say is I don't think this will work as a sniping gun. :(

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:19 pm

Well the gun seems bigger than I thought it was which sounds quite good to me. I like the sound that the backpack is comfortable. 37 feet for range sounds quite good which beats quite a few other guns range. Thank you for the information as this has made me consider buying one.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:20 pm

Could you get some more detailed statistics taken? I'm very interested in this gun as it is the top of the line that we've seen in 2005. If you also could get some pictures as you've got some of your Triple Aggressor mod, I'm sure that would also be appreciated to those of us who are interested in this gun.

Elliott

Post by Elliott » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:12 am

Yeah sure. I'll do it as soon as I can grab some new batteries for my digital camera. ;)

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:55 am

Somebody should try attaching the aquapack dev. backpack to the FF.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:40 pm

I'm not sure if it is compatible, but if anyone has both then they could give it a shot. The Devastator nozzle seems to be a decent size and the range is...er ok I guess. Could've been better though. 37 isn't very good, but it's better than what Hasbro has made in the past few years. I, too as very interested in this gun, and may or may not get it deoending on the price and reviews.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Elliott

Post by Elliott » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:35 pm

well I'll see what I can do this weekend. I planned on going into town to get an FF anyways.

Please review the Board Guidelines. Please do not use AOL language. Please stick to normal sentence structure and spelling. Thanks.