Assault Rifle water gun--any ideas

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Techie

Assault Rifle water gun--any ideas

Post by Techie » Sun May 23, 2010 5:10 am

I continue my search for a water weapon that is at least similar to an assault rifle.
Anybody got any plans for a cheap, reliable weapon??? I will take either type of gun (WBL or standard gun).
You know what turned Anakin Skywalker to the Dark Side. If I were called "Annie" for 20 years, I would get pretty pissed off too.

Fredcompany

Re: Assault Rifle water gun--any ideas

Post by Fredcompany » Sun May 23, 2010 11:39 am

Similar in looks or function?
I'm a dude

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sun May 23, 2010 3:06 pm

Both kinds are reliable, but if you are looking for something that has automatic fire, you should get a cheap electronic gun off of Ebay.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun May 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Most of the larger XP blasters are quite rifle-like - long, quite narrow bodies.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Techie

Post by Techie » Mon May 24, 2010 8:39 pm

both looks and function I have my eye on a newer gun from SuperSoaker. here is the site:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=4237220 I can find no reviews at this time. tell me what you think and if you have this gun, how good is it.
You know what turned Anakin Skywalker to the Dark Side. If I were called "Annie" for 20 years, I would get pretty pissed off too.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Mon May 24, 2010 9:21 pm

That's not a super soaker, it is a Banzai brand, and the gun isn't worth your time. I got it, and regretted spending any money on it. The pump is slippery when wet, and does not have a smooth action back and forth. Don't get it, because you will regret it.
-Zeda
Last edited by zeda.beta on Tue May 25, 2010 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon May 24, 2010 9:37 pm

Isn't that a Banzai blaster? It's not a Target brand.

Just don't buy anything from Banzai. The Shot Blast makes an okay assault rifle for smaller wars, but the Vindicator is pretty much the best thing you can get these days. The Vanquisher is okay, but I'd actually recommend the Equalizer over it.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:46 pm

Your definition of an "assault rifle" may be slightly different than what other groups use in water wars. Water wars are not anywhere close to actual warfare nor with actual weapons, so you can't classify anything in water warfare as an assault rifle.

In real warfare however, assault rifles are used by the majority of soldiers as a primary weapon. Light enough but with enough firepower to be versatile for most jobs. If you're looking for water guns like this, you'd do best to find the CPS line. None of the water blasters available today are able to fulfill that role, unless the water wars in question do not involve the full range of water weaponry classes available to use. (class meaning power level, capacity, etc.)

The Shot Blast makes a great water weapon for games with only piston powered blasters or my own objective based soakfest games where assault teams get very weak water weaponry. (but are "invincible" too.) It's pretty useless for any serious war, though it may work for light-soaker only wars. However, it's not worth the buy even when on sale so don't bother wasting time and money with it.

Banzai's are off-brand and there's pretty much no reason to buy their blasters either.

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue May 25, 2010 3:51 pm

C-A_99 wrote:None of the water blasters available today are able to fulfill that role, unless the water wars in question do not involve the full range of water weaponry classes available to use. (class meaning power level, capacity, etc.)
I suppose it should be noted that if the weaponry is predominantly current, then of course the full range of weaponry is not in use. Today's largest blasters are close to the old small CPSes (1000, 1200, 2100), and there are no modern equivalents (excluding homemades) to the medium CPS (1500), large CPS (2000, 2500, Monster XL), or backpack CPS (3000, SC Power Pak).

Thus, if all you're using is present stuff, the likes of the Blazer, Vindicator, and Pulse Master are likely to be considered the heavy weapons, and the role of general purpose weapon devolves to lighter and less powerful blasters. The overall battle style might shift due to players having less weight but less soaking power.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Tue May 25, 2010 5:46 pm

I've used one of those before, and I was disappointed. The range was only about 20 feet and it shot poorly. It's kind-of like a piston pumper, but that might be what you want. I don't know but I also don't recommend that blaster.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

Techie

Post by Techie » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:19 pm

Do they even still make the CPS model line anymore. Reason I'm asking this question is that IT'S FRIGGIN' HOT OUT HERE IN ARIZONA!!!! IT WAS TRIPLE-DIGITS IN MAY!!!!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:07 pm

Well, in the U.S. there's still easy ways to access the CPS's without spending bucketloads on shipping and other such things. You can find them from eBay, craigslist, garagesales, and from friends. eBay and friends are the most likely places you'll find them. You also can build homemades of course, but it is tricky to get them to work well.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:17 pm

They don't make the CPS line any more. I previously mentioned some of the Water Warriors blasters that have pretty good outputs. From Super Soaker there's the Flash Flood - the riot blast will get someone very wet if it hits, but it doesn't have the range of the old CPSes.
Arsenal: