PSN Hacked?!?

Topics related specifically to video gaming.
strato_2r5

PSN Hacked?!?

Post by strato_2r5 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:28 am

Okay, so PSN got hacked and I only found out today when my friend told me. ****!!! If anyone knows anything about this, can you post here? So far I found out that user information has been stolen and whoever hacked knows your address birthdate, etc. What about credit card numbers? If you purchased something but deleted credit card info, can they use you credit card?
Sorry if I'm not active much, busy on another forum and another project non-soaker related.

zeda.beta

Re: PSN Hacked?!?

Post by zeda.beta » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:46 am

So the scoop is that PSN did indeed get hacked, however when it got hacked the credit card data of 17-19 million people was compromised. This means that they could have the information, or they might not, as it depends whether or not they decided to take it.

If you deleted your card information you should be okay for a while, as it would take some serious wrangling to wrench that out of the systems.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:36 pm

Some people have reported telemarketers calling them saying that they "left their credit card number" with the company when they "subscribed." This shows that some, if not all, of the numbers have been sold/given to telemarketers
I'm a dude

DX

Post by DX » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:32 pm

When in doubt, call your credit card company and ask them to change your card number. They will usually be understanding even with the slightest security concerns. Process is very simple. And if you use 2 cards, your monthly consumption won't be affected while they mail you a new one.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:51 pm

Sony said that the credit cards were encrypted, but on the other hand, people have been reporting frauds.

Even if you've deleted accounts/info from PSN in the past, I would personally not be so sure on it. Better safe than sorry.

The PSN has been hacked and downed for at least 6 days now and it has been all over the news so I'm surprised many are still finding out about it. Get your stuff taken care of ASAP though; don't want to deal with ID theft and credit fraud as it may get ugly later.

Specter

Post by Specter » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:37 am

All information about the PSN outage can be found at blog.us.playstation.com
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Tue May 17, 2011 2:45 am

Well it's back online. You have to change your password and if you're on a psp you need to log in on a PC.
Sorry if I'm not active much, busy on another forum and another project non-soaker related.