New Gametype

Private discussion about the Thunderwars Union. For members of the Union only.
StormGlorious

New Gametype

Post by StormGlorious » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:42 am

During this weekends war, Thunderwars underwent a severe makeover. The rules, have been almost entirely changed!!! Now I want to know what you guys (Members of the union, and those outside of it too) think of the new rules.

For those of you who were not there here are the new rules: The change in rules was made to create one long battle, lasting the whole afternoon; as opposed to several smaller games. The new rules also force attacks, to prevent DA from merely sitting behind a huge, poorly constructed wall that they have made.

Basically the kill system works in much the same way as the former ruleset.

Flags, play a major role in the game: If you capture the flag you gain a point and your entire team comes back to life.

To prevent the obvious problem of simply killing the other team, being an easier way to win than actually making captures: If you kill the entire opposing team, they lose a point but come back to life after 15 seconds.

The first team to 3 points wins.

Teams scores, can go into negatives.

Storm
Armoury:CPS 2500, CPS 1700, 2xCPS 2100, SC PowerPack,
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast
'Wherever there' s a Dark Age, There are Dark Apostles'
Play Magic: the Gathering

cantab

Re: New Gametype

Post by cantab » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:17 pm

Sounds interesting, but...

How many flags are there? And what happens after a capture?

Also, if both teams persistently don't capture the flag, the game won't end.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:31 am

There is just one flag per team. If both teams never capture the flag, the team with the lowest score will lose. Remember scores can go into negatives.
After the flag is captured a rep. from each team meets in the middle to return the flag.

Storm
Armoury:CPS 2500, CPS 1700, 2xCPS 2100, SC PowerPack,
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast
'Wherever there' s a Dark Age, There are Dark Apostles'
Play Magic: the Gathering

Authundir

Post by Authundir » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:07 am

of course mars is wanting to over complicate the new rules with strange terminology that no-one uses anyway
Ut permaneo campana sanus, Permissium obscurum perussi vestri animus. Totus palma ut Atrum Apostelus.

-Sic narro pugna doctrina.

MarsGlorious

Post by MarsGlorious » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:23 am

Nope, Storm pretty much said it the way I'd say it.

It was a bit of weird revelation. I got a couple of poles before the game, thinking we might do CTF. Me and Storm just worked it out from there. But, I think it still needs a little more testing.

Few Rules:
Flag Point - Place where the flag is.
Capture - Opposing team's flag is in your team's flag point. Score 1 point.
After a Capture, a runner must return the flag to the opposition.
Double Capture - Both teams have taken their opponent's flag. Both teams score 1 point.

I always wanted to have a game that can last hours, but the system we had was too fast. I was considering getting a bigger battle field to make the games go for longer, but that would only work if we had more people.
"Wherever there's a dark age, there are Dark Apostles." - Storm

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:05 pm

When I play CTF, I play slightly different regarding 'double capture'. Basically a capture is BOTH flags at your flag point. If the flags swap (rare but does happen) that counts for nothing.

Basically, that means you have to defend your base at all times. You can't throw all your forces at the enemy, grab their flag, and retreat with it, since they can send a runner right round to get your own flag.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier: