Collosus Mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
Lad

Post by Lad » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:46 am

Hi, I'm new..................so Hi!

Anyway, I'm planning on Collosus(is that how you spell it?) Mod my Monster X. My question is, how hard is it compared to the K-Mod. I found the K-Mod simple, but it took a lot of time.

Also, how the heck do you open the pressure chanber, do you saw it open or can you yank it out?

And one more thing, how many bike rubber things are suggest if you do not plan on freezing the check valve?

thanks! :D

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:37 pm

We treat the word collosus, and K mod for that matter, like a verb, so you are "collosusing" your MX. Collosusing is much harder than K modding. But you also need to put less layers on. Without a check valve freeze, you should be able to get 5 or less layers on. Check valve freezing will allow you to get more than 5 easily, and I would recommend you do it as long as you don't do it to all your guns and you're the only one using it. In my experience, stretching out the CPS chamber while collosusing will make it thinner, so the strips will be easier to get on. I have not collosused anything but homemades however, and I do not know much about what to do to get the PC open.

I would suggest trying a new type of collosusing I've been thinking of instead of the normal bike tube kind. First, get your chamber open, and take the CPS tube out. Measure it's outer diameter somehow, you could measure the circumference and do some math, it doesn't have to be 100% accurate, just accurate enough. Then, buy a larger ID size of latex rubber tubing from http://mcmaster.com , cut it to the legnth of the CPS chamber and slide it over it. The good thing about this untested method is that you only have to put on one layer, and it does not need to be tight on the chamber. Therefore, the collosusing is much easier than even K modding. :D

If you do my new method, please get pictures of the process if you can. I don't have any guns to try it on.

Lad

Post by Lad » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:44 pm

Originally posted by DoomSoaker@Jun 1 2004, 02:37 PM
We treat the word collosus, and K mod for that matter, like a verb, so you are "collosusing" your MX. Collosusing is much harder than K modding. But you also need to put less layers on. Without a check valve freeze, you should be able to get 5 or less layers on. Check valve freezing will allow you to get more than 5 easily, and I would recommend you do it as long as you don't do it to all your guns and you're the only one using it. In my experience, stretching out the CPS chamber while collosusing will make it thinner, so the strips will be easier to get on. I have not collosused anything but homemades however, and I do not know much about what to do to get the PC open.

I would suggest trying a new type of collosusing I've been thinking of instead of the normal bike tube kind. First, get your chamber open, and take the CPS tube out. Measure it's outer diameter somehow, you could measure the circumference and do some math, it doesn't have to be 100% accurate, just accurate enough. Then, buy a larger ID size of latex rubber tubing from http://mcmaster.com , cut it to the legnth of the CPS chamber and slide it over it. The good thing about this untested method is that you only have to put on one layer, and it does not need to be tight on the chamber. Therefore, the collosusing is much easier than even K modding. :D

If you do my new method, please get pictures of the process if you can. I don't have any guns to try it on.
okay, cool, thnx, that'll definatly help me

I'll probally do your new method, sounds cool, I'll post the pics when I'm done, and thanks for help................

just one more question, how do you get the pc out? I openned the gun already and the pc is in the in a way that you cannot yank it out. So what should I do to open it?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:54 pm

As I said, I haven't done this to anything but homemades. I don't know how to do that. A member who has will show up eventually. Until then, I'll ask someone on AIM when they get on, ok?

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:16 am

I have decided to attempt to collosus my 2500 maybe using Doom's method?
where else can you buy latex rubber tubing, other than the website?
cut it to the legnth of the CPS chamber and slide it over it.
Do you mean by that the pc? I would also like to know if its worth freezing the check valve, if my shot time will be affected like it was when I k-modded, etc.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:20 pm

The ONLY place you can buy it at the rigth thicknesses and type is that website. I have seen extremely small latex rubber tubing (amber colored) at Home Depot though. It was way too small to slide over the chamber, and way too thin to add much resistance anyway. Ask your parents, my parents usually never let me buy anything online but since this is the only place you can get it as far as I know they let me get it.

Yes, over the entire PC. Try it without a check valve freeze first. If it doesn't work then do the freeze. Try to get the wall thickness as large as possible too. That will make it more powerful, maybe even more than that of a CPS 2000. Actually, I think that is very likely. You may also want to try a PC extension mod I have been thinking of, I'll post it later.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:50 pm

I am trying to add a CPS 2000 to my arsenal. Should I try colussusing that instead or would it be not worth it if something goes wrong and it breaks?
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:59 pm

That's up to you. They fetch a lot of money on eBay, you might just want to sell it.

This is a note to all inexperienced users who use the work collosus wrong. It is used as a verb. You collosus. Your guns are collosused. While you are modding them you are collosusing. I just find it annoying that people call guns something like "collosus cps 4100" when it should be "collosused cps 4100."