im making my first homemade

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
bad cake mix

im making my first homemade

Post by bad cake mix » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:01 pm

I'm making my first homemade today and it is going to have 3 PCs each charging up one at a times so i can spray switch PC spray switch PC and spray.
each PC will be 2 liters :eek: to go with my 1-2 gallon water supply that is going to be held in a modified backpack and the construction is going well. i expect to have the water gun ready by the end of the month.
any suggestions concerning the water gun and also . DO YOU THINK THAT THE IDEA IS A LITTLE OVERKILL????!!!!!

SSCBen

Re: im making my first homemade

Post by SSCBen » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:47 pm

Welcome to SSC!

Some people have done that idea before. It should work given that you first close all valves and then open the one you want to use. However, some problems I can think of with this design is that it's difficult to know which PC has pressure and the pressure will drop faster with all the PC separate. Of course, you've designed your gun to have a lot of water so the pressure drop will be less apparent. You might want to have a switch or some marker on the PCs to mark which are empty.

Other than that it sounds like a good homemade. If you can take some pictures, please do. I don't think anyone's posted pictures of this variation before.

Edit: Another problem is the price. You'll need 4 ball valves to have 3 pressure chambers. That's too expensive for my tastes unless you go for smaller 1/2 inch valves, which would reduce your performance.
Last edited by SSCBen on Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:28 pm

Welcome to the forums, bad cake mix!

Unfortunately, I'm guessing it would be just as effective to use one large PC. Because of its size, you're really losing air and water at the same rate (most of the time), you have the same capacity, etc. And you don't have to worry about flipping valves back and forth.

Then again, assuming the enemy doesn't know much about your weapon, you could pretend your tank is low, then switch. The enemy will find out pretty quickly though! :)

bad cake mix

Post by bad cake mix » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:56 am

Ok im changing the design a little bit now ok thanks for the info.