Max Infusion Overload

Threads about water gun modifications.
Carrtoon

Max Infusion Overload

Post by Carrtoon » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:37 am

Hey guys, I'm new to the Supersoaker modding thing. My sister is leaving for camp tomorrow and bought a supersoaker. It was the Overload with the backpack. The search function on this site won't work for some reason and I'm wondering if anyone could point me into a direction for this mod. I saw the basic freezing mod but the internals of this gun look different. Also, is it worth modding? Will I achieve a better range and can I do it in one night? Thanks for your speediness!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:26 am

I also recently bought an Overload. I was thinking of doing a CVF to it because the power on it is rather insufficient. I don't think anyone's dealt with modding one of these before, so if you have yours taken apart, I'm sure we could all help you with your modding.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Carrtoon

Post by Carrtoon » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:47 am

Thanks. I do have it apart. Should I post pictures or can you walk me through it?

radman

Post by radman » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:51 am

yes you should post pictures it would really help seeing that no one has ever done a cfv or any other modds on it we could figure out were to cut if you post a picture. :)
Radman

Carrtoon

Post by Carrtoon » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:08 am

Ok, here are the internals:

Thanks again for your fast help!
Last edited by Carrtoon on Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:07 am

I don't see why it matters whether or not a specific mod has been done to a specific gun--especially with the CVF, which is nearly universal for commercial soakers. BBT and SS use very similar internals, and one could even find tons of documentation on PR CVFs! The Overload is a standard air pressure soaker, though, so no problems there. If anything, though, some soakers are just weaker and thus more prone to breakage than others are--so use your CVFed soaker with common sense.

That second picture might be a bit too big for some; thankfully, though, I'm on a decent screen resolution with MouseGestures' image scaling utility, and my ISP provides fast service. In the future, you could consider using links or just scaling down the picture.

There, I marked what I believe are the places to cut and glue up--and I scaled down the image, too. That's generally the same spot in all soakers except PR ones, but I guess it's better to check than to cut the wrong part. Also, if you don't feel confident with my inexperience (an excusable feeling), then you might want to wait for confirmation from somebody else. Once again, though, common sense should prevail no matter what you do to your soaker, and then everything should be fine.

Carrtoon

Post by Carrtoon » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:57 am

Thanks for the info even though I didn't understand half of it! I'm really worried about screwing this up because the gun is my sisters. Will hot glue plug the holes just fine or is plumber's goop and epoxy the only way to go?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:22 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central!

Those cut lines appear correct. Hasbro it seems has been making the cut places nice and obvious for everyone.

Do not use hot glue. I used hot glue no the no pressure side of the hole, and it still leaked. Hot glue doesn't work for anything under pressure. Use epoxy, plumbers goop, JB weld, or whatever other strong bonding glue you have.

Also, mind if we put your internal images on our website? The check valve image especially will help people. If you could also get some more images, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it too.

Carrtoon

Post by Carrtoon » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:48 pm

Thanks for your help! I won't be able to try this mod because my sister leaves this morning, but I'll try it when she gets back. Go right ahead and use the internal pic. What size is ideal for posting pictures? I also modify nerf guns and on those forums they want the 1000x750. Is that too large for these forums? I like to spend a lot of time with manual focus to make the pics turn out well...

I don't have many supersoakers yet but hope to have more soon. I believe the only other gun I have is the max D 6000. I'm not sure about the 6000 but it's a purple and grey gun with four nossles on the front of it.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:10 pm

Don't use the [img] tag for things really wide (greater than 800 - 1000 pixels) because that's really inconsiderate to people who don't use a full window or have a big monitor. Just link to the picture instead if they are that wide. Other than that, I don't mind much about how you post images. For images submitted for our website though, I prefer to have them as big as they come so I can crop and resize well if necessary.

That other water gun does sound like the Max-D 6000, one of the newer recolors if I remember correctly. Visit iSoaker's armoury section for verification.

I'm also somewhat inactive at NH and NHQ, but I'm still there. You can find me under the name "Doom" at both I believe. ;)
Last edited by SSCBen on Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:43 pm

I'm truly sorry if you don't feel so good about the large image now--it was just a tip for you, but more importantly, it only becomes a problem if others complain (I'm not complaining, since I can handle it). You could probably use the IMG tag and then hyperlink the entire thing to a larger image on another page--I really should experiment with that.

EDIT: Disregard this next paragraph as it is completely incorrect.
The Max-D 6000 can also be CVFed; however, as I hinted earlier, PR (pressurized reservoir) guns use a slightly different procedure on slightly different internals. Here's a link to the article on PR CVFing: http://www.sscentral.org/tech/mods/prcvf.php.
Last edited by Silence on Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:46 pm

The Max-D 6000 uses the separate pressure chamber valve configuration. The valve configuration is on the regular CVF page. :)