Opening up a triple aggressor

Threads about water gun modifications.
slideontheside

Opening up a triple aggressor

Post by slideontheside » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:22 pm

I dug my triple aggressor out for the spring and discovered that the trigger mechanism doesn't seem to close all of the way - when I pump it, pressure shoots out at every pump even though the trigger isn't pulled. Is there any way to get into it without taking a hacksaw to it? After reading the trigger repair articles, I'm sure that I can fix it, if only I could get to it. Thanks!

*If someone would stick this in the repairs forum, I would much appreciate it - I'm still getting used to the new forum....thanks!*
Last edited by slideontheside on Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:00 pm

It is very difficult to enter a triple aggressor without some brutality.

However, the only area where this is needed is the pump cap. I'd recommend a tough screwdriver and some levering, rather than a hacksaw.

After repair, the pump cap was rather messed up, and the 3XA doesn't work well without it. I rigged an alternate pump guide piece using electrical tape and wire - I can provide an image if you want one.

I have repaired my 3XA's trigger valve using the springs from retractable pens (the type that clicks) and a bit of thick wire (tough paper clip or metal coat hanger will do) - remember it uses a Max-D trigger, so requires a different repair.

http://forums.sscentral.org/t2730/ - this should suffice, but if you want to know how I repaired my 3XA's trigger valve, ask.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Elliott

Post by Elliott » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:27 pm

joannaardway wrote:It is very difficult to enter a triple aggressor without some brutality.

However, the only area where this is needed is the pump cap. I'd recommend a tough screwdriver and some levering, rather than a hacksaw.

After repair, the pump cap was rather messed up, and the 3XA doesn't work well without it. I rigged an alternate pump guide piece using electrical tape and wire - I can provide an image if you want one.

I have repaired my 3XA's trigger valve using the springs from retractable pens (the type that clicks) and a bit of thick wire (tough paper clip or metal coat hanger will do) - remember it uses a Max-D trigger, so requires a different repair.

http://forums.sscentral.org/t2730/ - this should suffice, but if you want to know how I repaired my 3XA's trigger valve, ask.
Yeh, I remember pratically murdering my 3XA to get it open.

slideontheside

Post by slideontheside » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:58 am

Thanks for the help - hopefully over the holiday weekend I'll get a chance to dig into it. If I do, I'll let you know how it goes. The weather's getting warmer, and it's time to get it dusted off and back into commission!!